SANDIA MAN on Indefinite Hiatus

Started by RacerX, June 10, 2012, 11:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

There's not really a forum for band announcements, but I thought at least a few of you guys would want to know about this:

We are sorry to announce that Jon (drums/percussion) has been experiencing health issues that have rendered him unable to play. We all hope this is a temporary situation.

Jon has our full support in his ongoing battle. SANDIA MAN is not breaking up or seeking a replacement (not that replacing Jon would be possible, anyway).

If/when this situation changes, we'll issue a new statement. Thanks for your understanding and support.

http://www.sandiaman.bandcamp.com

Livin' The Life.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

VOLVO)))

Love ya, Jon! Keep us updated, Alan...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

core9

That sucks man....good luck to you guys.

the diddler

aw man, Jon seems like a really good dude.  Speedy recovery and many more years of rocking for sure!

eyeprod

CV - Slender Fungus

rayinreverse

Moderators: Please sticky this thread!!

Metal and Beer

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

Get well soon.

I'm guessing tendonitis from wielding his mighty hammers.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Jake

Bummer, man. Someone post that pic w/ the ENORMOUS kick drum, stat!
poop.

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

James1214

best luck, good vibes and wishes of a speedy recovery to Jon who is a super nice guy, have had the pleasure of hangin with him a couple times. totally a stand up dude.
words

Danny G

^^^ This.

Best wishes for a speedy recovery, mang.
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com

RacerX

Thanks, dudes, I know your support means a lot to Jon.

I am fully aware that I'm a prickly, loudmouthed asshole and a real pain to deal with, but Jon is truly the salt of the Earth.
Livin' The Life.

James1214

fuck you Alan, you're a sweetheart and you know it. and I mean that in the most hetero non gay way possible.
words

VOLVO)))

Quote from: James1214 on June 11, 2012, 04:44:11 PM
fuck you Alan.

We should do a card for Jon. MAIL IT ALL OVER THE US!
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Quote from: James1214 on June 11, 2012, 04:44:11 PM
fuck you Alan, you're a sweetheart and you know it. and I mean that in the most hetero non gay way possible.

Oh yeah? You wanna fight about it?  >:( >:( >:(

Come at me, bro!!

But seriously, I said about the same thing to our new bassist, but I followed up with, "...and don't argue about it because you know it's true."

He said, "Don't worry, I'm not arguing!"
Livin' The Life.

Cursed71

Sorry to hear this!  Really hope for a fast recovery.

I,Galactus

Best wishes for a speedy recovery headed Jon's way.  Here's hoping huge-ass kick drums and rifferiffic riffs are the cure for what ails him.
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

jibberish

awww that sucks. ya jon is a good guy. you can just tell from the vibes of everything he posts.

"ongoing battle" kind of hints are dire. i hope it's not what this generally indicates.

well jon has my very best wishes and a huge blast of positive chi to ripple the force is being sent his way.

justJon

Quote from: Jake on June 10, 2012, 10:35:17 PM
Someone post that pic w/ the ENORMOUS kick drum, stat!
Here y'go. man!

As for the rest of you reprobates, It really means a lot that you're all pulling for me, even those of you I've never met IRL.

I don't have an actual diagnosis at this time. Docs have been in the "rule out" phase for some time. It's not cancer, tendonitis, aneurysm/embolism, or any of that scary stuff. It does leave me physically unable to play, or do a lot of other stuff in my life. I'm in the process of pursuing second opinions, and alternative therapies, because nothing would please me more than to come back and show all you youngins how a real (old) man plays drums. Again.

Thanks. I likely won't be around much, but Alan will keep y'all in the loop.
A wooly man without a face, or a beast without a name.

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Demon Lung

Hang in there bro. Remember that Jesus loves you. And I'm not talking about the one at the taqueria down te street

black

One of the best people, EVER.
Y'all know how I feel about you, Brother.
We got your back.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.