SANDIA MAN on Indefinite Hiatus

Started by RacerX, June 10, 2012, 11:47:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Holler if ya ever need anything, Jon! We're all here for ya.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

tossom

"Beige rock"

Dr.Zayus

Get well, Jon!! The world needs your thunder!

Jor el

Quote from: justJon on June 12, 2012, 05:36:27 PM

You should rig the eyes of that skull to light up to the beat.

Speedy recovery!
What Would Scooby Do ?

jibberish

cool beans.  glad you checked in and eased our minds.

1)baby microphone or broken headphone earpice will work mounted near the drum at some to be determined from testing, optimum distance
2)wire your ghetto mic to inputs of a std op amp
3)run a 12v power rail
4)put 2 LED's in each eye, like a red and green or whatever two cool colors you like(they make bi-color 3-lead LED's. if u r pro, u could use those too, just one of those in each eye, heh)
5)wire the same color LED's in both eyes in series(6vload) to common, BUT wire one color opposite polarity of other color. and put both pairs in parallel.( i believe op amps have the circuitry to sit in the middle of their power span, so 6v is "common" so to speak)

Ok, we made an infinite gain+/- 6v amp or actually switch. the inputs of an op amp are super sensitive so they quickly go to either + or minus input, then infinite gain takes over.
when the waveform goes one way color A lights, then when it goes back the other way, color B lights

you may have to calc some gain and use feedback resistors or mess with the threshold voltages on the output depending on how you are liking how the LED's light

cree 3wattLED's are the most amazing thing i have ever seen. they run i think about 700mA and DAMN are they bright. fuck your eyes up like a light needle with no lens on. i buy from http://www.rapidled.com/ for some of my hi tech coral reef lighting  needs. that could be the skull of death, esp through a smoke machine..blackmetalgasmic

jibberish

^imagine 3watts of light coming out of a pinhead sized chip. look at those hi power LEDs at that link. they are mounted on aluminum heat sinks and those need  to be mounted on real heat sinks.   i've been testing some coral since xmas with just 8 of those, and it is still living.    that is just 24watts of power form a little shit $16 constant current supply.

maybe the music scene has use for over the top LED's or maybe it doesn't, but at least now y'all are aware of their existence.  me, i think they are just too cool. heh.

Jor el

There is a small bar in Toledo that had LED stage lights.
They look just like rock n roll par cans, but are loaded with LEDs, run to a dimmer / color mixer.
Pretty cool. Eliminates bulbs, heat, and colored gel.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Discö Rice

May the meteoric dirge of your war drums soon return to empty the bowels of all in your path and flay the putrid flesh from their rubbery bones!
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Worthless Willie

Just saw this.

I wish you a quick return to the rock, my man. 
What happens between me and Steve Vegas and him and my wife and me and his goat is our own goddam business. Butt the fuck out. - Jeff Smith

cat shepard

I will think positively of you when I drum.

GodShifter

I wish you a speedy recovery, Jon.

RacerX

So here's an update: Jon hasn't experienced any improvement in his condition. However, we are holding a benefit show tomorrow night to raise $$$ for him to explore some treatment alternatives (acupuncture is a likely choice) or get an opinion from a doctor outside of the VA. 5 local bands plus a solo set from yours truly at local club The Launchpad, with the local Music-Go-Round is providing the backline.

Anyway, Jon really appreciates everyone's support, and hopefully this show will raise enough to give him another shot at beating this thing. I hope that at the very least, he gets some relief from the constant pain. Best-case scenario: he can start making music again!

Thx for yer support, jamroom dudes.
Livin' The Life.

Jake

Is there a PayPal or anything set up to send that fucker a buck or two from non-attendees of the benefit gig?
poop.

RacerX

Quote from: Jake on August 10, 2012, 04:22:02 PM
Is there a PayPal or anything set up to send that fucker a buck or two from non-attendees of the benefit gig?

Y'know, I did not manage to get that done, although I'd planned to do it. Work's been a bitch, and I've been working on all the other show details (hell, I'm still trying to figure out how to transport the backline), so it did not happen. However, the show will be recorded & a CD will be made & reproduced. Once that's together, I'll get on here & let you all know how to get one. All proceeds will go to Jon.

Even if you use the CD as a coaster, ashtray, or table leg leveler.
Livin' The Life.

Jake

poop.

bitter

Thanks for the update. I've been praying for him so it's good to know that he's doing better/making progress. Send him my best wishes, please.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

johnny problem

RacerX

Here's what Jon gave me to read at the show:

Dealing with my current medical situation has probably been the most trying thing I have ever done. Some of you may know some of the other trials I have been through in my life, and I have always come through. I have always had friends and comrades to help when the situation seemed bleakest.  Until I heard of this benefit show, it really felt like I was in this one on my own. It means so much to me that I mean enough to all of you for you to come together and do this to help. Moments like this make one realize how connected we really all are.

Honestly, the worst part of the whole ordeal has been that I can not only physically not play, but even coming out to live shows like this one are beyond my current level of endurance and tolerance. Nothing will make me happier than when this is all behind me and I can once again pummel eardrums for and with you.

Specific thanks to Alan, Roman, Joe Anderson, Dave from Music-Go-Round, all the guys from Skulldron, Dead on point Five, Echoes of Fallen, End to End, and Shadow & Ash and my family. Thanks especially to all of you who turned out to show your support and friendship.

It wasn't quite the turnout I'd hoped for, but a good time with plenty of good tunes & vibes flowing. I'll post on this thread again when the CD becomes available.
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.