Main Menu

Pedal demo vids

Started by tossom, June 25, 2012, 04:28:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tossom

Ok, what one of you guys made this review vid? ;D

12 drink/2 joint minimum before he started recording, I like his style!
"Beige rock"

RAGER

here's a crappy demo i did of my Leeds fuzz i built.  Too loud of volume :P

No Focus Pocus

tossom

I like the pro guitar shop vids, normally pretty good.  This one helped me decide if I should get this pedal, I did and am very happy with it.  Though I do feel I need to buy a pharaoh in the near future...
"Beige rock"

The Shocker

Sunn Jake turned me on to Pro Guitar Shop demos.  I like Jake's when he gets off his ass and does them. *

*Hint

strangelight

pro guitar shop is my go to for demos. andy's the man. i like the way fuzz box girl's vids start (with her all nekkidy) and gearmandude's are funny, but neither of 'em actually do the gear they play any justice. which... sort of defeats the purpose of a demo.

The Shocker

Quote from: strangelight on June 25, 2012, 10:11:12 PM
pro guitar shop is my go to for demos. andy's the man. i like the way fuzz box girl's vids start (with her all nekkidy) and gearmandude's are funny, but neither of 'em actually do the gear they play any justice. which... sort of defeats the purpose of a demo.

Hey chick, get out of here!

You'll just get GAS.  ;)

Lumpy

Pro Guitar Shop demos are consistently the best (fist bump) and the Electro Harmonix demos with Peter Stroud are good too:

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bitter

I've seen people complain that PGS Andy's vids all sound alike. It also seems like he uses his fingers a lot, which may be a reason why people criticized their vids? I kind of stopped watching when they brought that Burg guy on.

Prymaxe vintage was another, but they're a bunch of v neck hipsters so I wasn't feeling it. Gearmandude is alright, but I can't watch fuzzboxgirl. It's too much for me. She gets me all hot and bothered and I can't concentrate. Too much sex and gear in one place.

They're needs to be a stonerrock channel for us to dump our own vids onto for reference purposes. Basically what Jakes doing but with more of us and in 1 location.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

DustinAR

Somebody link to Jake's demos! I want to check them out. Or if anyone else here has made some of their own, link em.

The Shocker

Can't link (at work), but look for ofeternaldespair.

VOLVO)))

If anyone wants to send me pedals to demo and shit, do it. I'll send 'em back.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

DustinAR

eyeprod

here's a couple that I've done. Nothing special. Demos are cool, but kinda cliche' at this point. Like, everyone and their grandma has some half-assed demo of some bullshit. I've deleted videos with over 50k views cuz they sucked.

I'd consider selling this stroll-on pedal, btw if anyone is interested. I use it, but my big muff does everything I want.

CV - Slender Fungus

eugenicscum

The proguitarshop Andy's "voice over" voice while talking normally is hilarious. His demos are cool and he's a great player, but I don't know if he's into doing heavy riffing, high gain metal stuff.

I'm also sick of seeing pedal and amp demos full of generic blues licks. Come on, show me how it can handle proper riffs, solos, and on rare occasions cleans.

The Riffer

My first attempt at doing a "proper" video demo. Overall it's pretty weak I think, but I hope it gets the sound of the pedal across to everyone. I can't afford to get "real" schmancy shit videos made.

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

The Shocker

VOLVO)))

The guitar switch was fancy!
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

The Riffer

Thanks.
The Guitar is a Coppertop. This room has a weird mixture of fluorescent lighting and a wall of windows giving alot of natural lighting. Probably lends to the fact that the camera can't get the colors right 100% of the time.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

The Shocker

I like the color it looks like in the video. Fan of nonstandard colors.

The Riffer

Thanks. The CopperTop/Blackback is badass. It is the best guitar I've ever owned. In many ways. It would be one of the last possessions I would ever sell.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

The Riffer

BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB

eyeprod

pedals sound great, and you're a good player too man. I had some trouble hearing the bass pedal video. could be my laptop.
CV - Slender Fungus

The Riffer

Thanks VERY much. I appreciate that. The bass demo was a bit elusive to get a decent sound. I kept overloading the camera, and had to keep lowering the input volume to keep the volume from pegging out when I dug in a little. It does sound a little better on bigger speakers, but it is not ideal..I suppose a bit of compression would help that, but I wanted to go basically direct.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB