What is the ultimate Stoner Rock guitar?

Started by FrankenFretter, July 06, 2012, 04:46:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrankenFretter

Quote from: clockwork green on July 07, 2012, 02:09:46 PM
This was the correct answer before there was even a question:

Tony is god.
Can't tell if that's the Diggins or not.
- Sean

liquidsmoke

Found some info, said to be heavier than Les Pauls! I'd at least like to play one sometime, I imagine they are worth quite a bit now.

One of those brands Rondo sells should make a clone.

http://www.matsumoku.org/models/epiphone/scroll/scroll.html

http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=522556

FrankenFretter

What about this one?

Or this (too surfy, maybe)?

And the hardware would have to be changed, but how about this sleeper?
- Sean

Blueberry Lazer

Blueberry Lazer

hahaha sorry guys i don't know how to post an image that isn't fucking huge.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Blueberry Lazer

The sc350 is all mahogany the others are all maple. I got mine for $275 off evilbay.  It really isnt as heavy as a les paul but it sounds like it (almost). i love mine. The neck seems unusually long even for a 24 fret. It wont fit in any of my cases. I kinda treat it like a beater guitar. I keep it in my car without a case all the time in hopes of getting into an impromptu jam session with someone. I really wanted a 24 fret bolt on mahogany guitar and this bad pup matched all the requirements and then some.

p.s.-my buttpussy is currently awaiting my arrival at my drummers house

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Blueberry Lazer on July 08, 2012, 01:12:35 PM
The sc350 is all mahogany the others are all maple. I got mine for $275 off evilbay.  It really isnt as heavy as a les paul but it sounds like it (almost). i love mine. The neck seems unusually long even for a 24 fret. It wont fit in any of my cases. I kinda treat it like a beater guitar. I keep it in my car without a case all the time in hopes of getting into an impromptu jam session with someone. I really wanted a 24 fret bolt on mahogany guitar and this bad pup matched all the requirements and then some.

Good price, was that in the last few years? Is it neck heavy? No case in the car? I'd save it from you if I needed a new guitar right now and had the money to spend.

dogfood

Quote from: clockwork green on July 07, 2012, 02:09:46 PM
This was the correct answer before there was even a question:

my point exactly.
Problem solving whiskey!

bitter

What was the guitar that Fatsoforgetso? guy from the old board used a lot. I think that was his username, if not he was from Colorado. Some kind of a mix between an lp jr. cut and an ovation clone from rondo.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Discö Rice

Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

OUTLANDAH

The Shocker

Jake

The best way to determine the most correct answer would be to list all the seminal "stoner" bands and tally the guitar(s) that contributed to their sounds.

Then throw that list away because the correct answer is an SG because Tony Iommi played one of those.
poop.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: bitter on July 09, 2012, 01:43:17 AM
What was the guitar that Fatsoforgetso? guy from the old board used a lot. I think that was his username, if not he was from Colorado. Some kind of a mix between an lp jr. cut and an ovation clone from rondo.

Duder who plays guitar in Low Gravity?

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

bitter

not sure, he was a younger guy; in college I think.

James1214

if i remember right he played a firebrand 335, i drooled over that thing a bunch.

words

bitter

I thought it was more of an off brand/import, but that's definitely the shape I'm thinking of. Such a perfect contender for a scene guitar.

James1214

and i am going to submit the following 3 examples of what id consider the ultimate stoner rock basses, I like p-basses, but they ain't the ultimate.

rickenbaker 4003

T-bird

Iceman
words

MichaelZodiac

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

VOLVO)))

Yo, I contend that the t-40 and 60 are god tier instruments.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

liquidsmoke

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on July 09, 2012, 02:04:03 PM
And for the stoners with a budget:

If this is the same bass Ron Holzner ex Trouble plays(or used to play) I think these are pretty pricey now.

FrankenFretter

Those T-40s and 60s are really under rated, and you can sometimes find them on CL for pretty cheap. US made, very solid instruments.

Yes, that is an Eko Manta that I posted. I came pretty close to buying one a few weeks ago, but bought this instead (always wanted a Mosrite):
- Sean