Main Menu

Note to self:

Started by justinhedrick, July 20, 2012, 07:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

justinhedrick

Take pictures of my rig the next time we practice . . .

now, show me yours while i wait!

Mr. Foxen

Lumpy

Is that the Barefaced 'sub' model?

That seems nice...
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Mr. Foxen

It is actually the standard Super 15. I was considering the Dubster (the last paragraph on the site is a reference to my plans for it when he was developing it) but I figured the standalone option was going to be more useful. Might get a dubster anyway and go all barefaced.

justinhedrick

Foxen, what is the deal with those amps? I know you are across the pond (right?), but i have never heard of those before.

OR50

Just picked up a SUNN Beta Lead and SUNN Cab! I also have ENGL Fireball 100, I will take some pics and post them tomorrow night!

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: justinhedrick on July 20, 2012, 09:15:42 PM
Foxen, what is the deal with those amps? I know you are across the pond (right?), but i have never heard of those before.

Best made high gain amps I've found, so I don't mouth off about them until I've bought them all. Both have massive transformers, so loads of low end. The lower one has 4 KT77 and trannies about the size of 200w Sound city. Top one has bass sized transformers, but is 70w from 2 KT77, and is giggable loud alone into the 2x15.

Baltar

My Bogen 50 Watt ^^^ I bring it to practice and use my drummer's V4 as well.  Because Vito is using that damn Green stack.  And Diana with the SVT.

Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

RAGER

Couple of the things I play through

No Focus Pocus

dunwichamps

reissue pics only or an original pics only?

RAGER

OG.  1972.  It's sitting on a 69 Super Bass
No Focus Pocus

justinhedrick

man, mine looks like shit compared to you guys . . .

Jake

But it's not what it looks like.

It's what it sounds like.
poop.

justinhedrick

Quote from: Jake on July 21, 2012, 02:10:15 PM
But it's not what it looks like.

It's what it sounds like.

oh, i know. I am actually going to have a local business (www.analogoutfitters.com) build me a new headshell for my VTM 60 out of old organ wood, and also build a matching 2x15 for it to rehouse my randall Jaguar speakers in.

OR50

Finally found a clean SUNN beta lead :evil I FUCKING LOVE THIS AMP!!!!!

The only issue it has is 4 pots have been broken off. No big deal, I can turn them and have the original knobs. I'm going to have my amp tech replace them. Fucking BROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOTAL

VOLVO)))

Yep, Betas are my favorite amps. I've got two 'um.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

OR50

Quote from: RAGER on July 21, 2012, 12:17:43 PM
Couple of the things I play through

That Orange and Marshall are AWESOME!!

clockwork green

So many cool amps...I haven't been buying amps much the last few years.  I'm getting the itch to buy more small vintage combos and a giant bass stack as well. 
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"