Started by bbottom, July 28, 2012, 12:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

Mapleglo with a black pick guard

or

Jetglo with a black pickguard

I'm really on the fence about this

mortlock

mapleglo. not an easy choice by any means, but id go mplglo if i could only have one.

Lumpy

This might seem lame (?) but if you usually play in a more rock&roll or retro hard rock band, I would pick the natural. If you are in a Very Metal (or doom) band, I would maybe pick the black one.

I usually like all black Fenders with maple fretboards. But the contrast of the body and pickguard of natural one is nice.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

MichaelZodiac

Mapleglo in this case but personally I'm more about the fireglo.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

bbottom

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on July 28, 2012, 01:07:53 AM

My Fender P bass is a sunburst with a black pg, so I wouldn't want to get something that is similar looking to that.

I really hate white pickguards...... I don't know why. Something about them just doesn't look right to me.

I've been leaning more towards the mapleglo with black PG recently as well. But their is just something very cool about the Jetglo all blacked out with the white binding.

moose23

Quote from: bbottom on July 28, 2012, 05:52:02 AM
Quote from: MichaelZodiac on July 28, 2012, 01:07:53 AM

My Fender P bass is a sunburst with a black pg, so I wouldn't want to get something that is similar looking to that.

I really hate white pickguards...... I don't know why. Something about them just doesn't look right to me.

I've been leaning more towards the mapleglo with black PG recently as well. But their is just something very cool about the Jetglo all blacked out with the white binding.

Not a fan of white pickguards either. I replaced the one on my Jazz with a Tortoise shell type but black always looks great too.

No contest for me on the Ric, Mapleglo all the way.

MichaelZodiac

Fireglo with black pg is where it's at

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

I,Galactus

Another vote for mapleglo here. 

I'm also a pretty big fan of the tux:

"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Instant Dan

I'll throw another vote towards the mapleglo, although amberglo and blue are my favorites.

giantchris

I'd say go mapleglo black pickguard EVERYBODY has a black bass be different!

Jake

poop.

bbottom

Quote from: I,Galactus on July 28, 2012, 10:45:52 AM
Another vote for mapleglo here. 

I'm also a pretty big fan of the tux:

I really dig those too but they seem to be really hard to come by unless you want to drop a ton of dough

James1214

I only have the classic jetglo with white pickguard but I love it, I really just want all of the Rickenbackers.....

words

everdrone

I have the jetglo 4003 and think it is the best, but the tux is a nice runner up ;)

EddieMullet

Are they both the same price?  Play 'em both and see which one feels best to you.

clockwork green

I wish I liked their guitars more but the necks feel odd and tonally they're usually not what I'm looking for but they are beautiful and really well made. The tuxedo is really striking but I wouldn't kick any of them out of bed.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

bbottom

Quote from: EddieMullet on July 29, 2012, 02:42:34 PM
Are they both the same price?  Play 'em both and see which one feels best to you.

I used to own a jet glo a long time ago. So chances are I'll go with the maple this time around

strangelight

get a blue one.

i'd vote for the jetglo, but i've got a natural tele with black pickguard, so i may just be tired of looking at that combo. consensus seems to be mapleglo.

Mr. Foxen

Quote from: strangelight on July 31, 2012, 11:44:18 AM
get a blue one.

Price to build quality ratio will be better for that one. Might have a to wait a while for delivery though.

Stonergrunge

I like the classic "jetglo with white pickguard" look more, but your second option of jetglo with a black pickguard is amazingly good. It looks really sexy.
cartoons, chocolate milk & rock 'n' roll!!
Fuzz is love

Mr. Foxen

Custom burnt plate I made to suit a crusty as fuck Rick:

grimniggzy