Netflix

Started by Soundgardenia, August 07, 2012, 01:53:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

juan11

srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

retardgroove

It's goddamn 12:30 am on the east coast and no House Of Cards yet. Fuckers.

JemDooM

Just got netflix so really appreciating this thread!
DooM!

Token

This is Martin Bonner

MadJohnShaft

Upside Down - the premise of this movie is awful.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Token

Half through "Top of the Lake" (MJS, get on this when you get a moment)

Watched "20 Feet from Stardom" - mind blowing!

MadJohnShaft

Yeah we were talking about top of the lake when it is was on TV.

It's nice to have an Amazon prime video account as well, their contracts understaffing Netflix doesn't have so with the two you get everything

diasdegalvan

Fun show guy and friends fight evil forces at their school brought upon by a book (of pure evil).

JemDooM

Quote from: JkFlesh on January 08, 2014, 11:23:01 AM
The second season American Horror Story recently started streaming on Netflix.  I binged on it and it was really entertaining, much better than the first season, IMO.  Some genuinely disturbing moments in it.

I'm thinking of finishing the second season starting tonight or the next couple of days, I think I was about 3/4 the way through, it really is genuinely dusturbing!! Looking forward to the third season too...

Has everyone watched Catfish the movie? Just checking, that was my favourite thing so far...
DooM!

JemDooM

Totally forgot to add House of cards, that was really awesome!
DooM!

agent of change

Watched all 6 or so episodes of this. Chloe Sevigny is a transexual hitman/woman who discovers that her former girlfriend is dying of cancer and gave birth to their son many years ago. Very interesting show, unflinching, including at least one shot per episode of Chloe naked with a (prosthetic) cock dangling. Drama-focused, not so much hitman murder action, though it's in here and there. I loved it.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

MadJohnShaft

interested.

Orange is the New Black is back too

retardgroove

I just saw that All This Mayhem is on Netflix.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2938416/

irratebass

Worth a watch Groove?
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

retardgroove

Yep, well worth it.

black

It's crazier and darker than even the Gator movie.
The Pappas brothers are true lunatics and insane skaters.
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

retardgroove

Everything you never liked about Tony Hawk is backed up again from a whole younger different generation.

gritty_fingers

Just joined Netflix. I'm catching up on the Sons of Anarchy series (I'm behind a bit)

I'm watching it on my Xbox 360 and I'm not 100% thrilled with the interface and the use of tiles for movies. Still I think it's a great value.

My question is: How often do they change the films?
"Ginger People"

agent of change

There's new stuff every week or so.
We didn't come here for economic politics or religious bickering, we came to rock.

irratebass

Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

black

Quote from: retardgroove on February 22, 2015, 12:42:59 AM
Everything you never liked about Tony Hawk is backed up again from a whole younger different generation.

No kidding.
Every few years I mellow my judgment on the guy and then something (like this movie) sends me back to my original stance.

After watching All This Mayhem, I realized how much like his Father he's become.

retardgroove

Remember Frank Hawk's bullshit National Skateboarding Association. Some contests made you join that stupid thing and pay a membership fee before you could even enter the contest. Thanks for bringing bureaucracy to skateboarding, dick.

black

Hell yeah I remember that bullshit. It's sort of what I was referring to, especially the light that was shed on the X-Games in the Pappas brother's movie. Corporate/Little League bullshit, for sure.

gritty_fingers

I caught Metalllica's Through the Never. I was surprised how much I liked it. The cinematography was the star of that movie.
"Ginger People"

GodShifter

Quote from: retardgroove on February 19, 2015, 05:45:54 PM
I just saw that All This Mayhem is on Netflix.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2938416/

I liked this movie a lot and I'm not even a fan of skateboarding at all. Definitely a good movie (if not a bit grim) about two of Australia's best talents, The Pappas brothers, and their individual falls from grace. Both tragic in their own right. It was very well done and brought back some nostalgia for me when they focused on Hawk trying and, finally, being successful in pulling off the 900. That cemented his legacy then and forever. Hawk was not a well liked guy, apparently and not overly respected, either, by most of the other skateboarders. As I said, very good & interesting movie.