Atomic Rooster~In Hearing Of (1971)

Started by Isabellacat, January 29, 2011, 03:31:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Isabellacat

Thinking about playing this one tonight when I come back home. 'Head in the Sky'....' Spoonful of Bromide Helps the Pulse Rate Go Down'..

\m/

Jor el

I haven't unpacked my music since I moved.
Dammit.
What Would Scooby Do ?

Mr. Blue

YES!!!  This album fucking rocks!!!  I'm gonna have to play it after I get done with Priest's Sin After Sin.
3 reasons why James said that his Black Sabbath record was important:
"First it scared the shit out of me. Second, it crushed the fuck out of all the peace'n'love'n everything's groovy bullshit that was still hanging around in the early seventies. And third, my friends moms wouldn't let them own it

Isabellacat

How do you edit your post here? Anyways it's a trip to see some u old friends here.         

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

EddieMullet

Nice to see you found your way here.

Valentine's Day is coming up that's the day I usually go on a big Atomic Rooster binge.

I still pisses me off that Vincent Crane is not as revered as Jon Lord, Ken Hensley, Rick Wakeman etc. he ruled that Hammond.

Mr. Blue

Quote from: EddieMullet on February 01, 2011, 09:14:51 PM
Nice to see you found your way here.

Valentine's Day is coming up that's the day I usually go on a big Atomic Rooster binge.

I still pisses me off that Vincent Crane is not as revered as Jon Lord, Ken Hensley, Rick Wakeman etc. he ruled that Hammond.

He bests all those guys in my opinion.
3 reasons why James said that his Black Sabbath record was important:
"First it scared the shit out of me. Second, it crushed the fuck out of all the peace'n'love'n everything's groovy bullshit that was still hanging around in the early seventies. And third, my friends moms wouldn't let them own it

GodShifter

Being in somewhat low profile bands (read: little true commercial success) and dying probably didn't help his legacy.

EddieMullet

Well the Crazy World of Arthur Brown and Dexy's Midnight Runners were sort of commercially successful, but still you got a point, none of the bands he was in ever reached the commercial success level of Deep Purple, Uriah Heep or Yes.

Sill the guy was one hell of a keyboard player and is sorely missed.

Isabellacat

Is'nt Peter French the singer in Leafhound now???   I did'nt know Vincent Crane passed away,that sucks  :-[

GodShifter

Crane committed suicide, I believe. Long time ago.

goldwater

crane commited suicide in 1989. not only is peter french the singer in leaf hound now, he was the singer on growers of mushroom. he also sang on the cactus album 'ot and sweaty'. he also sang for a band called randy pie , who i've never heard.
we all lost in 64

EddieMullet

February 14th 1989 to be exact, that's why the Atomic Rooster thing is a Valentine's tradition, he overdosed on anti depressants.

Paul Hammond (drummer) is dead too, I think car wreck in 1992.

Isabellacat

Quote from: goldwater on February 12, 2011, 07:48:50 PM
crane commited suicide in 1989. not only is peter french the singer in leaf hound now, he was the singer on growers of mushroom. he also sang on the cactus album 'ot and sweaty'. he also sang for a band called randy pie , who i've never heard.

:(   that's proof that this world fucking sucks. Cool people like Vincent Crane committing suicide....good bands like Atomic Rooster always getting totally ignored.....drats this world can go to hell but it's already in it.

This is one of the best albums i've ever heard ( and i would even go as far as to say they were BETTER than Led Zeppelin) and it's so sad people don't even know about it.

EddieMullet

He battled severe depression his whole life and really had a hard time with the 80's and the changes in music from what I read. 

That self titled 1980 album is awesome and 1983's Headline News is a decent stab (but now dated sounding) at embracing the synthesizer and had David Gilmour on guitar on two songs. 

Isabellacat

Quote from: EddieMullet on February 13, 2011, 06:24:04 PM
He battled severe depression his whole life and really had a hard time with the 80's and the changes in music from what I read. 

That self titled 1980 album is awesome and 1983's Headline News is a decent stab (but now dated sounding) at embracing the synthesizer and had David Gilmour on guitar on two songs. 

I read somewhere he had a really bad acid trip in the early 70's too that made him schizo like Syd Barrett. Vincent Crane's becoming more and more my favorite keyboardist.

EddieMullet

Hey Miss Kitty have you ever seen the Atomic Rooster DVD?  Most of it is the Chris Farlowe fronted version, but it is still some good stuff. Very worth checking out.  If I had a working DVD burner I'd make you a copy and mail it to you.

You may be the only other person on this planet whose Atomic Rooster (and Uriah Heep) obsession(s) surpasses mine.

black_out

I seem to remember not liking this album as much as Death Walks and the self titled album but a friend of mine offered to sell me the vinyl for $10 a few weeks ago so I took him up on it. Holy shit am I glad I did! The first time I listened to The Price I almost shit my pants.
By my side I keep my things that I ne-uh-ed! Rest in peace is gonna set me free!

Isabellacat

Quote from: EddieMullet on February 21, 2011, 08:56:04 PM
Hey Miss Kitty have you ever seen the Atomic Rooster DVD?  Most of it is the Chris Farlowe fronted version, but it is still some good stuff. Very worth checking out.  If I had a working DVD burner I'd make you a copy and mail it to you.

You may be the only other person on this planet whose Atomic Rooster (and Uriah Heep) obsession(s) surpasses mine.

would love to watch it!  :)

EddieMullet

Isabella I'm going to my Brother's this weekend and should be able to copy it for you while I'm there.

I wouldn't do this for just anybody, but would for someone who would do an MS paint version of Uriah Heep's Fallen Angel cover, that was sweet.

Isabellacat

hmmm so are ya still gonna send me that DVD??  ::)

EddieMullet

As soon as I have a way to copy it and an address to mail it too, I'll send you one.

I know its been a while.

Isabellacat

I'm listening to  my 8-track of this tonite. WHole album is rather badass.