Main Menu

Mooer Pedals

Started by Lumpy, October 11, 2012, 01:47:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Anybody seen these tiny knockoffs from China? They have about 20 different ones (a few more than the pic shows). I just bought the Pitch Shifter. If it can replace my Whammy, that would be totally awesome.

In some cases, maybe you're better off buying a used original. For example, a used Phase 90 for 50 bucks, instead of their knockoff (for 75). The size difference isn't that big. But for a Big Muff, Rat, Electric Mistress etc, you do save space.

Ebay has them, and a few online stores. If they were 20 bucks cheaper, I'd be more excited. 88 bucks seems to be the going price (includes shipping) with some Ebay auctions starting around 60. Or if I was just starting to buy pedals, maybe I would go this direction.

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Lumpy

I hate that the stomp switch is so close to the knobs, but that's the price you pay for a tiny box. Also, I tend to favor pedals that always stay on, with a few exceptions.

The Shocker

Lumpy

Hemisaurus

Quote from: Lumpy on October 11, 2012, 01:47:45 PM
In some cases, maybe you're better off buying a used original. For example, a used Phase 90 for 50 bucks, instead of their knockoff (for 75). The size difference isn't that big. But for a Big Muff, Rat, Electric Mistress etc, you do save space.

Quote from: Lumpy on October 11, 2012, 03:08:19 PM
Yeah, but that thing is huge. :D

Same size as the original AFAIK, didn't realize bonsai pedals were the thing ;D

grimniggzy

I'd like to see Mooer of these

Lumpy

Half price with this code: mooer132 at http://www.marcmart.com. So $44 each, with free (slow) shipping from China.

I just ordered a few... free shipping from China takes 2-4 weeks.

The Shocker

Quote from: Lumpy on October 11, 2012, 09:48:26 PM
Half price with this code: mooer132 at http://www.marcmart.com. So $44 each, with free (slow) shipping from China.

So what did you order Lumpy?

bitter

I prefer custom effects, not customs effects...

;)
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Lumpy

Quote from: The Shocker on October 11, 2012, 11:20:22 PM

So what did you order Lumpy?

Tremelo, reverb, clean boost, another Pitch Shifter (I have two boards and I can use two), and Delay ("reecho" not the "ana" one). That's a bunch, a big spending spree for me. But I can use all of them. I like pedals that are simple to use, small and lightweight.

I read about these at Harmony Central, there's a 13 page thread there with reviews and videos. (effects forum)

The Shocker

I ordered the Rat copy (never had a Rat) & the Fuzz Face copy that supposedly has an old germanium chip in it.

terryat

The reecho is not in stock.I ask thier service staff,they inform me that it will be in stock until 22th this month.But the code is really work.The half price attracts me much.

dogfood

Germanium chip? please explain this to me.  Or should I say, not hear chip of germanium me, talk it to me very much please.

I once bought 3 behringer pedals and 2 broke inside of  a month and the other I just haven't used.  I expect to get 7 uses out of it, too.
Problem solving whiskey!

The Bandit

Supposedly uses an AC128 germanium transistor.

RacerX

Much good to know the code really work! Siricon tlansitah nothing to sneeze at, sista!
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Yeah, but you want everything.
poop.

The Bandit

Quote from: SunnO))) on October 25, 2012, 11:51:25 AM
I want these

You know I'll wind up trading them to you anyway.

VOLVO)))

Quote from: The Bandit on October 25, 2012, 01:17:02 PM
I want these

Did you buy any? I'm anxious to see how these fucking things sound. I want a mini pedalboard for this kid. I'm finna mod out a tiny tube amp to look like a little Model T, and build a tiny 1x12 Emperor, and find a mini-tele.

(If he likes playing my big guitar stuff.)

Blame Tommy Lee for having DW make a custom kit for his kid. It was SO FUCKING NICE. He had tiny small stands made, and his main crash was a 12 inch splash, and the ride was a K custom 17 inch thin crash. Pair of 12 inch hihats I was so jealous.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Quote from: The Bandit on October 25, 2012, 01:17:02 PM
I want these

Quote from: The Shocker on October 12, 2012, 08:21:04 AM
I ordered the Rat copy (never had a Rat) & the Fuzz Face copy that supposedly has an old germanium chip in it.

Rondo sells a short scale tele for about a hundred bucks.

rayinreverse

I bought 3. Fuzz,shimverb and pitch shifter. If they suck,I've spent 150 bones on dinner shit.

VOLVO)))

So, seriously, if these end up sucking fat dong, I'm going to be really really dejected. If not, I'm going to be really, really broke. Fuckin' A.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

rayinreverse

I've seen mixed YouTube videos. Saw some dude calling himself a "worship guitarist" say the shumverb is noisy. However he noticed the noise with a compressor and a bbe sonic stomp. I don't want a compressor,and I'm not stupid enough to use a sonic stomp.