Meal Planning? Check it out....I cooked hard

Started by MadJohnShaft, October 17, 2012, 10:02:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadJohnShaft

This week I made homemade meals from scratch - along with a few sides every single night and a salad with my garden remnants and the CSA box.

Sunday: Lasagnes with homemade bolognese sauce - from pork and garden herbs.
Sunday: beef stock from bones with roasted vegetables.
Monday:  Grilled Chorizo, Pineapple, and Onions on rice - peppers and apples. I grilled some skin on shrimp but they were too hard to peel (tiny).
Tues: Pizzas w homemade crust, tomato sauce from my tomatoes, basil and oregano I just picked, Italian sausage I had previously ground and made into sausages - and I will tell you this - ricotta/rubbery melty handful I pulled out of the whey soup from the cheese I just made. It's like baby brains but you can press it into something flat with your finger heat.
Wednesday: Sloppy Joes, greens, brocolli, sweet potato fries. I put two cubes of the beef stock in there.

We have no room in the refrigerator for all the left overs so this project is shut down.

Thursday: canceled. I have a big heavy beef brisket I was going to slowcooker for Thursday and then we'd have enough food to coast to Friday to Sunday. 

/ blog

Some days chickens, some days feathers

deleted account

MadJohnShaft

Shut up, vegan fool.

Thursday - leftovers
Friday - tonight is Chicken Marbella or however you spell that.... the thing with prunes
Saturday - beef brisket - got two big assed ones, deciding how to do it yet...

black

Maybe put at least one of them in the smoker?
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, maybe I should do Texas Style BBQ smoke beef brisket - at least a couple hours at the start anyway and then put it in the crock pot? Hard to figure that out. Normally if you were going from smoker you'd go to oven.

MadJohnShaft

Slow cooker beef brisket turned out great - coleslaw and then I made some Chicken Salad out of the Chicken Marbella.