Hot Deals

Started by Lumpy, February 04, 2011, 04:29:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

VOLVO)))

Fuck, I want that badly...
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Metal and Beer

The elusive legendary Bukkake Medallion ! Nice.
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Lumpy

Mesa 2x15 bass cab, built-in roadcase housing, 300 dollars (Brooklyn)

http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/msg/2662350300.html

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

bbottom

Quote from: Lumpy on October 22, 2011, 09:51:32 AM

Damn I am really considering this one. That's the exact cab that I've been looking for

RAGER

My bass player runs his 400+ through one of those.  Does this one come with the front cover?
No Focus Pocus

bitter

Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

At_Giza

Kay I actually have the money for that... But I am bidding on a Mig-30 on the 'bay so you know. Heh.

Well now it's officially a hot deal, I could talk him down to $400.

bitter

yep, and you'd probably get more use out of it than the mig-30.

At_Giza

Yeah, I probably would. But I like the Mig-30. Such a good little amp, though I have to say not as good as my baby Andromeda. 18 watts of pure kick in the gentleman's vegetables.

Although this thing would just be an epic effects platform.

SOMEONE BUY IT FOR ME!

Lumpy

Quote from: bbottom on October 22, 2011, 12:55:33 PM
Quote from: Lumpy on October 22, 2011, 09:51:32 AM

Damn I am really considering this one. That's the exact cab that I've been looking for

There's also an Ampeg Isovent cab on NY Craigslist for like 350 or 375. Two 15 inch speakers and two 10 inch speakers (the 15's are coupled together and one is phased in reverse... like a PushmePullyou?) Rock the same cab that Danny G of the Mothertruckers uses. Somewhat rare cab.

Hemisaurus

Isobarik, see Justin's thread about building a cab.

bitter

not really sure you can call this a hot deal as its pickup only (Puget Sound/Seattle area)...

http://seattle.craigslist.org/sno/msg/2663804449.html

I'd personally jump on it but don't need a combo setup right now. I think he wanted 6 bills the other day, so he may deal some....

At_Giza

I'd take it an split it. It can be done pretty easily (a lot easier than splitting up a Beta series combo  :P).

bitter

I considered that too, but the wattage wasn't really striking me as what I'm after. leaning between another full rig or a small house rig.

At_Giza

Well, I suppose you could buy a baby Andromeda. Definitely a hot deal. ;D

bitter

I'm actually considering one... or maybe a full size. Who knows  ;D

At_Giza

Well Nial is working on some big ones, so they're coming up soon.  ;D For hand made equipment they're a hell of a deal.

I'm going to buy another baby Andromeda and ABY them because I can.  ;D

Hemisaurus

So are Hovercraft's all the same? I thought he was recycling amps so every one was different? Does he just have this huge stock of similar amps?

At_Giza

All of them sound a bit different.

My proto baby Andromeda doesn't sound the same as the second one he made. It does sound similar to it, but it's not exactly the same.

Their big brothers are the same way, they're all put together similarly, but some of them sound different. My buddy's got the first Andromeda made, and it's 100 watts and it's got an incredible gain capabilities along with the ability to be very versatile. I comparing the second one to it we found it sounded slightly different, of course it put out a bit less watts, but then again that doesn't mean much. They can all do pretty much the same thing, but it seems they go about it in different ways, which means that they can also do others things differently than each other. If that makes sense....  :-\

I dunno how they all sound different, I've never had a long conversation with Nial about how he builds and engineers the amps.  :P

Hemisaurus

So I'm imagining he keeps transformer sets, and builds the same basic preamp for each one? Some might have more power than others, depending on how conservatively the manufacturers rate their amp.

It's a great idea, the next step, if he runs out of donor amps, would be to have the customer supply the donor, and charge a rebuild fee.

At_Giza

Yeah, that or do the whole cheap amp rebuild.

My baby Andromeda started out as a Jet City 20... Now it doesn't sound like a Jet City 20. It was just a bit more expensive than a Jet City 20 cost new. Which was cool, 'cause I think it's a far better amp now.

Lumpy

1,000 dollars for a late 70's SVT (not mine). Figure another 100 or so for shipping. Best rock bass amp ever IMO, it blows my mind that people will spend double on boutique amps with less firepower.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f127/ampeg-svt-magnavox-late-70s-%241000-815425/

grimniggzy

Man, that is sweet.
Hopefully one day I'll own a 70's Ampeg (V4 or SVT, wouldn't really matter to me)
For now though, I'm saving for a car. No more gear purchases for a while.