What are YOU up to, DIY/projectwise? Ask for help?

Started by VOLVO))), February 16, 2013, 11:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

spookstrickland

Quote from: James1214 on July 30, 2013, 02:44:13 AM
This is it right now, waiting on a bridge (should be coming in the mail Wednesday). Need to fabricate a nut. Leaving the singlecoil it came with in it for the moment, just in case it doesn't sound like total shit.

Once I figure the pickup situation out I'll get a mirror pickguard made... which should make it nice and flashy

I already love it, keep the pics coming!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Mr. Foxen

Stripping and refinning a Washburn Froce 40 Matsumoku through neck. Turns out under the paint was a thin veneer over the through neck, thin enough I went through trying to sand out the gouges from previous hack job attempt at stripping. So went all the way in an attempt to make a feature of it:

Red mahogany stain ordered.

James1214

got a Tusq nut today, and the bridge and strings came in the mail yesterday. Got a helluva lot of intonatin and setup to do, but I dig it a lot so far......

video/demo/noise and other shit to come.

words

showdown

Getting there, all that's left now is setup and electronics. I'm not too sure about the black knobs, but I have a few different types to choose from.

Ayek

I built a still out of an old under bench hot water cylinder and started making rum. And it works!

showdown

Larch thinline, I've got a nice bookmatched mahogany top to go with it.

Jake

I don't want to seem to forward, but will you move in with me?
poop.

xayk

Quote from: showdown on August 23, 2013, 04:09:37 AM

Larch thinline, I've got a nice bookmatched mahogany top to go with it.

Dig. Was talking to a friend about making a chambered Tele - that's highly inspiring.

Apropos of nothing I've made more patches. These are a different waste of time than semi-functional pedals and semi-functional riffs. Keeps me off the streets and only a little on drugs. Few for a friend, testing out half-tones, and then Kraftwerk and Doom Patrol, 'cause why not.

Mr. Foxen

Beta Cloud

Quote from: Ayek on August 13, 2013, 05:47:50 AM
I built a still out of an old under bench hot water cylinder and started making rum. And it works!

:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*
amazing.
why does it hurt when i pee?

AgentofOblivion

You guys do cool shit, and it makes me want to do cool shit. 

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

spookstrickland

I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Fuckin aye, you did!

Wait. No handles or wheels? You some sort of sadist?
poop.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Needed it sealed for faster break in. Handles come soon as I get back into town.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

AgentofOblivion

What speakers did you buy?  And did you use some software to calculate the ideal box dimensions or did you just wing it?

VOLVO)))

Eminence Governors. No reinventing the wheel, no reason to. It's basically a real pretty, really well build Orange 2x12. (considerably cheaper than one.)

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Jake

Well done, Jake)))! Love the natty wood, like Emperor and Atlas cabs.

Myself, I can't stop hacking apart perfectly good Sunn combos. They're just so much more useful to me as heads. Here's a before and after of yesterday's mutilation.

poop.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

Ill buy it as a head, one day, when you tire of it...

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.