The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings

Started by diasdegalvan, February 23, 2013, 01:21:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

diasdegalvan

Did anybody play this game? PC game series but it was released last year on the 360. Played it western RPG the main faults I found with the game was the controls took a while to get used to and it wasn't open world. Similar to Skyrim but more story oriented and boobies. There's a sequel coming out probably on next generation consoles in 2014.

gritty_fingers

I just got this for Xbox - the Silver edition.

I hope it's better than Dragon Age which I found disapointing.
"Ginger People"

irratebass

I know this is an old post, but I just downloaded this for free on the Games With Gold or whatever it's called.......this game seems complicated & hard.
Living a Burt Reynolds lifestyle on Mac Davis budget

gritty_fingers

I'm playing it right now. There is a learning curve with the controls but stick with it. The story is the strongest part of the game. It's the closest thing to Game of Thrones for video games.
"Ginger People"

irratebass

I plan on tackling it some more after I finish Batman Arkham Origins

gritty_fingers

I'm on the beginning of Chapter 2 in the game. There are 4 chapters and a long prologue.

I'm really enjoying it but it is a tough game (at times).

The story is million times better than Dragon Age: Origins in my opinion.
"Ginger People"

irratebass

Not sure I played Dragon Age: Origins, but I really enjoyed Dragon Age, and when I get an XB1 I plan on getting Dragon Age: Inquisition.

gritty_fingers

Quote from: irratebass on February 06, 2015, 02:24:30 PM
Not sure I played Dragon Age: Origins, but I really enjoyed Dragon Age, and when I get an XB1 I plan on getting Dragon Age: Inquisition.

What I hated about Dragon Age is that when you please one person, you piss off another person. So there was always a balancing act you had to do with your conversations. Also a lot of the characters were not interesting at all. Some of them talk forever and you had to go through tons of boring dialog. The combat was a lot easier to get to grips with.

In a sense, the opposite is true with the Witcher. Plus it's more hardcore (prostitution, lots of violence, some gore).

I will say that some of the Boss battles in the Witcher require multiple replays and you can try different tactics (spells, potions, etc). Also you want to save a lot. That is the big thing.
"Ginger People"

irratebass

Thanks for the tips, and I went back and yep I did play that Dragon Age, and beat it

gritty_fingers

Witcher 3 just got a perfect 10 out of 10 review on gamespot.com

I wish I had a next gen system...
"Ginger People"

Bro. Righteous

Yeah, I'm still waiting to see when I'm gonna jump to next gen, for the price and games available I'm not too impressed yet.
I'd go XB1 as that's always been my console go to, currently still finding some last gems for the 360 (sleeping dogs being a fucking 10/10!),
...was gonna p/u Witcher2 but all I've heard was the gameplay sucks ass - so got me a mindless Dead Rising 2 for the long weekend here (never played it before).

I am however dying *natch* to play Dying Light on the new system and then move on to Witcher 3 as the graphics and open-world
concept I can dig the most. So, if you don't want to play Witcher 2 to get into the storyline for Witcher 3 this cat I found here posted
the whole fucking game meticulously to watch movie-style rather than get frustrated at the gameplay.

Game on!

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

irratebass

So is Witcher 3's gameplay supposed to be better than 1 and 2? As in not as hard?

gritty_fingers

^
Thats what the review said..

I still managed to finish the Witcher 2 though...
"Ginger People"

irratebass

Cool, I haven't had the time or energy to deal with 2 I'll be honest

Bro. Righteous

Finished Witcher 3 on the PS4 - gotta say pretty impressed, didn't even think I was a RPG kinda cat, but some real awesome moments, particularly
the sword and slash and sign blasting-telekinetic-fiery upgrades for battle. World is fucking HUGE but you get into the rhythm pretty quick.
Nothing better than slicing and dicing a horde of 30 drowners!
Some real long cut-scene/dialogue shit, but guess it comes part of the whole RPG dynamic, you can skip 'em in a pinch however - but some sweet asses,
I mean literally sweet ASS - if your into that thing, fucking computing models have come a long motherfucking way!

Boss battles were cool but just simply roaming around the wilds finding crazy shit inventory and fucking nutzoid ogres/centipede/phantom ghost shit was
cool as fuck. Lots of hoarding to be had too if your of that ilk.

Hey - colour me impressed, fuck I felt compelled to write this review on W3 even after the fact that I did Fallout 4 (on PS4) a series I have never done before W3
but was pretty happy with - but w/one lame fucking ending after it all (I did the brotherhood of steel ending...meh).

Still Wild Hunt lives to the hype - I'll probably take a break and try the new Dying Light following series before delving back into Geralt and Heart of Stone/Blood & Wine
expansion....b/c I do love me some Yennerfer.....mmmmm yes Yennerfer - thee fucking sexiest fake geek video drone chick to ever grace the screen - I melt.

9.5 Gwents (whatever and however the fuck that game was aboot) outta 10!!

/cognac drunk review 10:48EST/CDN

bitter

Watched damn near a whole play through of W3. Fuckin' Gwent was awesome! Ciri and Yennifer stole my heart.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Bro. Righteous

Just got the expansion, Heart of Stones...or whatnot, really nice getting back into that world again.

Fuck, whatta nerd I am, but dang it's so sweet. Fuckers even gave me a CD apparently that's in the game,
cannot ever see myself playing the shit, I'll stick w/my Captain Beyond, Old Blues, Terry Reid records, but
still, wow the merchandising is and effort of these cats are righteous.

gritty_fingers

I still haven't picked up a next gen console but that may happen this Xmas (with my credit card points).

Witcher would be one of my first pickups. I'm hoping they would release an ultimate edition by then.
"Ginger People"

Bro. Righteous

You will love it gritty, I think even after paying for witcher 3 which would be quite discounted now if you haven't played yet, the expansion
heart of stone & blood and wine (can't fucking wait May 31st!)...your in for a real fucking treat...truly and all around amazing immersive
gaming experience....unlike this fucking jive shit UNFARTED 4 I just felt compelled to finish..what an utter
piece of shit game!....all linear, jump, climb, shoot, jump, climb, shoot ad naseum.

[see my Uncharted 4 thread rant]

But fuck yeah, at this point I'm giving Witcher 10/10 on all scales, I've even scaled all the maps and treasures and secret locations,
I'm built like a fucking stallion! - truly righteous gaming! Blood & Wine Expansion May 31/2016!!!!

...so.....SOON.  ;D

RalphSnart_2

Been obsessed with Witcher 3 lately. Totally unfamiliar with the series, but I was able to jump in with little difficulty. So much going on in that game, it's insane. People compare it to Skyrim but i found it really closer to Red Dead Redemption crossed with Dark Souls.