No Man's Sky

Started by sleestak, August 10, 2016, 04:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sleestak

Any of you guys playing this?  Fucking cool as shit and perfect for an old dork that can't even come close to competing in your average FPS.

Totally tripped out at every level but pretty fun in a way I've not experience playing a game.  I've read reviews that call it boring but I think it's just a bit cerebral for the average gamer.
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Jor el

I'm aboot to beat my PS4 with a Hammer

What Would Scooby Do ?

socket

Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

MadJohnShaft

Yes!  Asked for this and got for my birthday last night, been enjoying the reviews, seems like something I would like.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

socket

It's a time suck. I am hooked.

Jor el

A Hammer, I tell ya.

What Would Scooby Do ?

socket

sleestak

Quote from: MadJohnShaft on August 15, 2016, 07:03:28 AM
Yes!  Asked for this and got for my birthday last night, been enjoying the reviews, seems like something I would like.

Stuff that will perplex you but not a spoiler... you won't get an "atlaspass" early in the game and that's by design. 

It will make sense when you play.

Killing threads is my business and business is good.

Bro. Righteous

Got aboot 20hrs into this, starting to get repetitive already, wasn't even gonna p/u this game, not sold on the graphics,
but after righteous gameplay w/Witcher/Fallout there's fuckall out there I'm interested in. (eagerly awaiting Mafia III however).

I find the inventory structure complete fucking horshit, I found a new ship (don't spend ur million$$ on ships btw, you can find
and fix them on the planets for zero $$$)...easy upgrades for the MUCH needed inventory space.

...but since my gameplay - I'll file this under "get bonged-out--stoned and zen explore the worlds" to kill some time.
Music sounds pretty cool, woulda loved more moog/heavy synth-analogue/Hawkwind vibes though. I mean it's fucking space!!

So far - 5/graviton balls outta 10 on this puppy.

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

socket

I don't play new video games a lot and this has sucked me in multiple nights for multople hours. Hell I just got lost in a cave for the last hour and enjoyed it. Found some weird metals and shit.

Perry, you play yet?

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

socket

How'd the hammering go?