Cocktails

Started by James1214, September 13, 2013, 01:46:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

Yeah.   I need to.   
Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

Also, not sure what a reg cylinder looks like, but target swaps them out for 1/2 the price of a new one.  Found that out when I was leaving.  
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

One of these. Pretty unsightly fir counter top use though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

I'd bet some engineering major has the adapter figured out.  I doubt I'd stop there, trying to figure out how to fit canisters for paintball guns into one.  

A quick search yielded ebay listings for adapters to refill the legit canisters from canisters like your pic. So, easy workaround if you already are set up that way.  

Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

I have something here.  

Spiked Arnold Palmer with sparkling lemonade. Pretty damn good. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No high fallutin aperitifs, amaros or bitters needed.

I'll take that bottle of Aperol hank you.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

It'll go in the checked bags.  You can have the aspartame. 
Vinyls.   deal.

James1214

Blast from the past thread. How my tastes have changed in the decade since I started it.

Current favorite cocktail is a white lady

2 ounces gin
1/2 ounce orange liqueur or triple sec
1/2 ounce lemon juice, freshly squeezed

Add to a shaker and shake like a sonofabitch. Double strain into a coupe, express the oil from a lemon twist over the drink and use to garnish.

Some people add an egg white, and do a dry shake before adding ice, but I'm not a big fan.
words

RAGER

That's a classic among all " Panty Droppers".
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

there's gin and then there's gin. one is not like the other. some are perky.

James1214

I'm a fan of Aviation, Empress, and totally unironiclly the Kiss Cold Gin (I'm no big kiss fan and kinda loathe the branding and marketing of everything they do.... But my local liquor store has it for cheap)
words

Pissy

Of course they do. 
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

100 proof local bourbon*, ginger beer, Angostura*, orange. Need to get it ironed out (skipped the local sugercubes at $8.50 for tiny box) I'll get some of those and Marachino from the discounter. But I'll try honey in the next one.

*Browne from Spokane and only available in WA State. I have no idea how they can call it bourbon. It's okay but peaky and hot. But they have some cool bottle shapes and the square one got me.
https://www.brownefamilyvineyards.com/spirits

* well heck I've been using L&P Worcestershire./derp. kinda strong.

Muffin Man

Ok the steak sauce was not that bad, and in fact, just as good as the bitters, when proprtioned "just so". I need better bitters though.

I do have a handle on the 100 proof, though, for sure, I've tammed it. With patience and tinkering things balance out - I added granulated sugar but proper sugarcubes are on the shopping list. As much as I'd like to avoid them they'll be good for Spring and Summer drinks. /clink

Muffin Man

The Knob Rye is alot better than I thought it would be, it's tasty. I don't really like rye and I never met a Knob that I liked but I'm learning. I usually drink neat but this one is too tamgy so I added some ginger beer spritzer. On the rocks. yipee! A curl of fresh orange wonl't dismantle the fixins but it's not bad wihter. I'vve covered them both. w/o tops its. Just the Rye and Ginger. Whoop!

James1214

been fucking around with stuff and came up with this one

Its tiki adjacent, hits like a fucking truck and super great IMO

.5 oz lime juice
1.5 oz lemon juice
3 oz Don Q 151 over proof rum
1.5 oz triple sec
1.5 oz Mathilde Liqueur Poire (pear liquor)
1/4 oz grenadine
4 good dashes Angostura bitters

shake with ice, express lemon oil on the surface and garnish with a dehydrated lemon slice
words

RAGER

Had some time before work this morning so I picked up Aviation gin, Cocchi Torino, Campari, Christian Bros brandy, and a big bottle of Angostura.

Negronis and Wisconsin brandy old fashioneds tonight.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Oh yeah. Forgot to post these. Reference above post.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

I like a Squirt cocktail.  Wisc-y Old Fashioned.  
Vinyls.   deal.