The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muffin Man

The sour cream had expired so plain yogurt substitute (works but unsightly). Otherwise, quite satisfying, and Spicy!

IMG-4515" border="0

RacerX

Nice! I should have made my own burrito, but I was feeling lazy & got what I deserved.
Livin' The Life.

Muffin Man

Haha! Well, I also am paying for it now. How far off I sat and wondered how a real burrito tastes, like your in NM.  ;D

RAGER

Expired sour cream?  What's it gonna do? Go sour?  Prolly just fine. Found a 2 month past date tub of Fage plain in the back of the fridge. No probs.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

I hear ya, the use by was only Jan 6. Can I just scrape the top off? Should still be good underneath.

;D

IMG-4516" border="0

RAGER

That might be a little gone. But if you wrap it in foil and microwave on MEDIUM for 3 hours. Not high. That might damage something. It should be ok after that.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Just back from the grocery, first time I've ever seen this stuff - 18%MF. They're regular is 14% - that's in metric percentages - both for the same price, so Free Fat! Saw you got the Fage so had to try this one.

IMG-4520" border="0

(all seeing eye soy sauce dispenser in backround)

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

RAGER

I made game day ribs. But not the game you're thinking of.

No Focus Pocus

renfield

I'm going to get nice with this dutch oven.

Muffin Man

I should get one too to compliment my Lodge (its pretty crusty at the moment) - tough to clean but I've done a few bathces of chicken wings at high temp and man it works perfect for those.

renfield

I made a beef stock and then braised short ribs in the stock and red wine. It's quite a pleasure to prepare food in this thing. Feel like a king right now, living well as fuck.

mortlock

get it while you can. curve balls in life coming. bend like a blade of grass in the wind.

Muffin Man

I like that

RAGER

Quote from: mortlock on February 05, 2020, 12:29:37 AM
get it while you can. curve balls in life coming. bend like a blade of grass in the wind.

Beautifully spoke. I didn't you had that in you. It's always the quiet ones.
No Focus Pocus

renfield

Quote from: mortlock on February 05, 2020, 12:29:37 AM

amen dude, amen

RAGER

Doing a three month cheese of the month deal through my favorite cheese mongers. One pound of cheese a month. Three varieties by a theme. This month is France. $105.

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

how can i sign up for that? looks amazing.

RAGER

If you want to fly out to Portland every first Tuesday to pick up in store I'll get you details. ????
No Focus Pocus

mortlock