The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

I spy a dolma. But oh morty that minced garlic gotta go. Icky. Just buy the already peeled cloves. Way better dude.
No Focus Pocus

mortlock

I know but i got to go ghetto sometimes.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Thank you ^ master

take-away carnitas y salsa 1/2 portion

Muffin Man

RAGER

It all gets put away after use. I chucked my gas grill. I'll get a new one soon. Been looking at combos. Gas one side charcoal on the other. Always wanted a smoker but wife doesn't care much for smoky things so my small batches on my rigged up Weber work fine for now.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Costco has some wild Weber giant on sale at $1200. 650,000BTU. pfffft. I need 1 MILLION. The weber is 2-3 bays though and would solve a lot of prblems. Looks tight. That and a sauna and I'm good.

Muffin Man

https://www.costco.com/weber-genesis-ii-s-345-3-burner-gas-grill.product.100523600.html

I only need the side burner but even that is too low in the btu. I need 1million (that one oges maaaybe 650). But it looks like a nice new grill, fer sher.

mortlock

Back in like 2012 i was given a can of haggis. I posted about it but never made it. I chickened out, forgot about it and it ended up expiring.
I recently aquired a new can of grants premium haggis and im making it this time. Im ready. Not exactly sure how soon but it will be in the near future. Any suggestions? Im probably going to warm it up on the skillet and add a wee dram of whisky. Maybe some mashed taters on the side. I was thinking about having it with sunny side up eggs but that doesnt seem like something a true scottish person would do.

Muffin Man

It wasn't 2012 it was 2017. Don't be a goof.

Muffin Man

Yes, I think the same, chef. But in the cast iron skillet I would make a pie with the mashers wherewith-in. The whole enchilada pie. Sour creeam or other condiments to top. A diner select menu special.

Muffin Man

If you get in trouble throw in a can of clam chowder and call it  day/date?

Muffin Man

pickled beets on that haggis pie. Also, wee drams on tap

RAGER

It was earlier. I wasn't posting in 2017 and I remember the haggis posts I'm sure. At least fairly.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

well indeed.

All analog "Meat and 3" with Rufus Teague Steak Sauce. Strip finished in red wine and butter. Mustard greens.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

mortlock

Quote from: Muffin Man on September 06, 2020, 02:12:53 AM
well indeed.

All analog "Meat and 3" with Rufus Teague Steak Sauce. Strip finished in red wine and butter. Mustard greens.

damn that looks good. I love steak sauce but almost never use it for some reason. I need to start.

mortlock

Im looking at making linguini and clam sauce soon. Wont be able to use fresh clams, it will have to be canned. Any suggestions on this? Lemon and parsley and what else?

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Here it is mortlock, my attempt a NY Strip au Poivre from the other night. Had some fun making it up. No cream though. Credit to RAGER for the au Poivre idea.

mortlock

5 out of 5 stars. Id eat the fuck out of that. Fuck the cream. Im lactose intol.

Muffin Man

It looks like the megaldon of turkey feet  .Get real.