The food and drink forum blog thread.

Started by RAGER, April 22, 2013, 11:31:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

So I'm looking at different copycat recipes for the chick-fil-a sandwich and I see many that don't do it the way I think it should be done.  Which is not to say they're wrong, but a base model Chick fil a doesn't have sauce on it.  The deluxe probably does. 

The base model has the chicken on a butter grilled normal hamburger bun with a couple of dill pickle slices on the bottom bun.  The chicken is marinated in the brine (legit dill pickle juice) having been sliced into half- thickness.  Alternately Double dipped in the breading and egg/milk pressing the breading into the crannies and mashing it in.

This recipe looks right to me, but I'd skip the sauce. 

Vinyls.   deal.

Pissy

So yeah, all the benefits of the sandwich without any of the right-wing guilt.  
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Forgot to mention I used skinless breast. The flour mix I mixed is exactly that one but I used granulated sugar and forgot the black pepper. meant to add that but spaced. And I forgot to double-dip. PLaned on that too but in the heat of battle...I've got powedered sugar for next time. Anywho, leftovers aplenty. And I did a couple, the soy sauce soaked, with crushed almonds. Those would go good wth brown gravy.

Pissy

Quote from: RAGER on July 02, 2024, 01:11:39 PMI've never had any of their food.
For fast food it's pretty high up there, but given their politics and the size of the line at the drive through, not hard to avoid.  

they recruit their employees through youth groups and religious camps.  Most everyone is young.  Something works in their method because everyone in there is willing to bend over backwards to make sure everything is right.   You know how when you go back to the counter for something and 10ft from the counter everyone turns around and goes to the kitchen or the drive through window or anywhere out of sight?   Or is it just me?  They don't do that at any I've been to. 

the breast is normally skinless, MM.  their fries are waffle.  
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Grilled cheese hotdogs. The kind on hotdog buns. Look into it.

I did jack and sharp cheddar with onions, diced pickles, kraut and grainy mustard.

I took pics but they don't do it justice so here's one from the www.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Your kids will love it. He's got hotdog burnt ends too if you want to get whimsical.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

the only thing missing is powdered sugar

Muffin Man

Gettin' right afer it!
Hotlink mozzarella on a brioche bun, powdered sugar, maple syrup dipping sauce dusted with allspice. mmmm

RAGER

Jesus!  That just might be a thing.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Imma make my own wash your sister sauce. It's not difficult and I probably have everything already. Perusing recipes I'm astounded at how many don't have fucking fish sauce or anchovies or anything. Fukn vegan watered down bullshit. Fuck. Off. Call it something else then. Shit is derived from garum. China or Egypt probably invented it 3,000 years ago. I could look that up.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Uhmmm... Worcestershire is anchovies.  Plain and simple.  Yeah, call it something else.  

Vinyls.   deal.

mortlock

Quote from: Muffin Man on July 08, 2024, 07:58:09 PMGettin' right afer it!
Hotlink mozzarella on a brioche bun, powdered sugar, maple syrup dipping sauce dusted with allspice. mmmm

im going to assume you were at least 20 bong hits deep when you thought this was a good idea. i dont think theres enough weed in the world to generate the munchie power i would need to eat that.

Muffin Man

Quote from: mortlock on July 10, 2024, 07:40:36 PM
pics
im going to assume you were at least 20 bong hits deep when you thought this was a good idea. i dont think theres enough weed in the world to generate the munchie power i would need to eat that.
I wish had the buds for it. But indeed, indubitably, I nearly hurled when I saw RAGERS's post and said to myself no.way. would.l ever. eat.that (cheese dog. at least its not deep fried) But then I did after re-considering why be a stick in the mud. Though I wouldn't do the dusted one I did without the brioche bun...a plain bun would be gross. But basically it worked. But yeah one and done did the trick. try it! :)

mortlock

Quote from: Muffin Man on July 10, 2024, 07:51:23 PM
pics
I wish had the buds for it. But indeed, indubitably, I nearly hurled when I saw RAGERS's post and said to myself no.way. would.l ever. eat.that (cheese dog. at least its not deep fried) But then I did after re-considering why be a stick in the mud. Though I wouldn't do the dusted one I did without the brioche bun...a plain bun would be gross. But basically it worked. But yeah one and done did the trick. try it! :)
i cannot. im surprised you didnt have some chocolate dipping sauce and sprinkles on the dog. imagine the episode that might make. got me thinking now. 

Muffin Man

Quote from: mortlock on July 10, 2024, 07:54:40 PM
pics
i cannot. im surprised you didnt have some chocolate dipping sauce and sprinkles on the dog. imagine the episode that might make. got me thinking now. 
fancy some candied yams? not a garbage plate but you could really pile-on with it.

mortlock

Quote from: Muffin Man on July 10, 2024, 08:09:39 PM
pics
fancy some candied yams? not a garbage plate but you could really pile-on with it.
what you have done here is so revolting that im not sure if i should be mad at you or put you on the dcs payroll.

Muffin Man

Quote from: mortlock on July 10, 2024, 08:12:25 PM
Quote from: Muffin Man on July 10, 2024, 08:09:39 PM
pics
what you have done here is so revolting that im not sure if i should be mad at you or put you on the dcs payroll.
Cause for celebration! Here's that sprinkle thing you called out. Was saving it for a special occaision. Lindt chocolate sauce.

mortlock

i can see that on a hotdog. add sprinkles and a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Muffin Man

riiiight. ps. my faux-monte-cristo was a >>hot link<< (hotlink). (I hope that gets me off the hook).

RAGER

Portland lost a good one over the weekend. A fantastic chef and by all accounts a fine person. Naomi Pomeroy drown in the fucking Willamette River. Goddammit! 

Read about her life here.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naomi_Pomeroy
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Looks like she wasn't wearing a life vest, while tubing down the river.  Sucks.  
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

Muffin Man

Quote from: Pissy on July 16, 2024, 02:29:48 PMLooks like she wasn't wearing a life vest, while tubing down the river.  Sucks. 

I took a look at videos of the Willamette River at Crystal Lake down to Michael's landing - their route. That is just not a nice river in terms of undercurrent. Niether is the Rogue River. Wiki page says she was born there, Corvallis.

Also another dude drowned last weekend somewhere nearby in a lake - no life vest. Was saving his kid and went under. The kid lived.