Main Menu

2013 Dunwich Charity/Contest

Started by dunwichamps, May 06, 2013, 11:55:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dunwichamps

2013 Charity Pedal Giveaway

So for the 2013 Dunwich contest this year I am going to do something a bit personal for me. In the picture below is Kayliana May, my niece (soon to be). She was born with cerebral palsy as a result of complications during birth and since times are tough I wanted to do a charity/giveaway for her this year.Up for grabs are three one-off 3 knob Cthulhu Fuzz (also shown below). The controls are Fuzz, Bass, and Treble. This particular circuit/model will not be produced again so they are going to be quite exclusive. All money that I raise from this contest will go to Kay.

Here is how this is going to work. The minimum donation is going to be $10. That will get 1 entry into the drawing. For each additional amount of $10, that will add another entry into the giveaway, up to 5 entries are maximum (so $50). If for example one gives more than $50 no additional entries will be added. I am doing this so that no one person can simply buy a win here. Once all the entries are tabulated, I will draw out 3 random names and those 3 people will win the fuzz pedals. Each person can only win 1 pedal

Donations should be gifted using PayPal to new05002@gmail.com. I will be running this contest until the third week of May. If you are going to submit a donation into the contest, please email before you do with your shipping address and the amount you will be entering so I know who is who.

This contest is open to anyone, international and domestic. I will ship to where ever the winners are located.

If you have any questions let me know. I have a a demo up on guitar and soon I will post one for bass.

Please share this so I can get the word around.

Thanks Nick/Dunwich Amps

An additional bonus is that 1 of the 3 winners will be randomly selected to win their choice of an Enourmous Door FX Pedal. He has 4 different models and the winner can pick 1 of them.

James1214

What an awesome thing you are doing, Nick. I will definitely get on this after payday. I have a younger brother with special needs and because of this grew up with a number of kids with CP. Just found The Dunwich Facebook page and liked and shared.
words

dunwichamps

Quote from: James1214 on May 06, 2013, 12:11:57 PM
What an awesome thing you are doing, Nick. I will definitely get on this after payday. I have a younger brother with special needs and because of this grew up with a number of kids with CP. Just found The Dunwich Facebook page and liked and shared.

Thanks man! We (fay, fay's family, and myself) really appreciate it!

James1214

also, on a slightly.... ok.... completely unrelated note. I would love to collaborate with you on some graphics for your stuff. If you have any upcoming projects in need of some art id love to chat about it.
words

The Bandit

What a cool idea!  My son is special needs and I can tell you any help at all will definitely be appreciated (especially at first).  Let me check my Paypal account this evening and I'll let you know what I can send.

If you are interested in suggestions about other things you or others can do to help, let me know.

Dean

dunwichamps

Quote from: James1214 on May 06, 2013, 12:33:16 PM
also, on a slightly.... ok.... completely unrelated note. I would love to collaborate with you on some graphics for your stuff. If you have any upcoming projects in need of some art id love to chat about it.

sure email me

dunwichamps@gmail.com

dunwichamps

Quote from: The Bandit on May 06, 2013, 12:34:43 PM
What a cool idea!  My son is special needs and I can tell you any help at all will definitely be appreciated (especially at first).  Let me check my Paypal account this evening and I'll let you know what I can send.

If you are interested in suggestions about other things you or others can do to help, let me know.

Dean

thanks for the kind words. Keep a mental note to contact to u for future things of this nature.

The Bandit

I'll go ahead and post what helped my family the most:  My mother in-law's bridge group took turns bringing us meals for the first year.  Not every day, but at least once or twice a week.  In a lot of ways, that helped us more than money donations.

dunwichamps

Quote from: The Bandit on May 06, 2013, 01:00:08 PM
I'll go ahead and post what helped my family the most:  My mother in-law's bridge group took turns bringing us meals for the first year.  Not every day, but at least once or twice a week.  In a lot of ways, that helped us more than money donations.

The only problem we would face doing this is that Kay lives in NC, while we in CT. So if it would be more feasible if they moved up here. Thanks for teh suggestions tho, I do appreciate it.

clockwork green

Any chance we can buy a win one for a reasonably inflated price?
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

dunwichamps

Quote from: clockwork green on May 06, 2013, 03:40:36 PM
Any chance we can buy a win one for a reasonably inflated price?

I cant do that now that the contest has already begun. You can offer to buy 1 from one of the winners of course, it would be entirely up to them

clockwork green

I was just thinking that you could have the raffle pedals where someone can win one cheap or ones that are say $50-whatever more than you would normally charge for the pedal so that the extra also goes to charity.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

lordfinesse

Cool thing you're doing... I hope it raises some dough. And what a cute kid!   Entry/donation sent. (fingers crossed)  ;)
Billy Squier 24/7

dunwichamps

Quote from: clockwork green on May 06, 2013, 05:40:24 PM
I was just thinking that you could have the raffle pedals where someone can win one cheap or ones that are say $50-whatever more than you would normally charge for the pedal so that the extra also goes to charity.

yea I could have done it that way but i guess i decided to roll with all raffle. I will have another contest which I could do a more auction-esuqe style or high buyout price

dunwichamps

Quote from: lordfinesse on May 06, 2013, 08:26:05 PM
Cool thing you're doing... I hope it raises some dough. And what a cute kid!   Entry/donation sent. (fingers crossed)  ;)

thank u, much appreciated! good luck!

JemDooM

She's really cute :) and those pedals look awesome I'd love to win one! I'll be sure to share the link around :)
DooM!

dunwichamps

Quote from: JemDooM on May 07, 2013, 07:30:41 AM
She's really cute :) and those pedals look awesome I'd love to win one! I'll be sure to share the link around :)

Thank you! Can you also send me your shipping information?

Lumpy

I'll enter... I just emailed my info.

What kind of circuit is it? I watched the demo video, sounds heavy. Can you talk a little about what kind of fuzz it is?
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Lumpy on May 07, 2013, 10:21:48 AM
I'll enter... I just emailed my info.

What kind of circuit is it? I watched the demo video, sounds heavy. Can you talk a little about what kind of fuzz it is?

Sure. Its a combination of a hi gain Si FuzzFace, 2 band james/bax passive EQ (ala on Matamp and Oranges), a muff clipping stage, and some recovery gain after the EQ. In my mind im trying to combine parts of a muff and a ff that I like. Since the FF is as the input it has more FF feel but has more saturation due to more gain stages

Lumpy

I'm going to read that a bunch more times, and see if I can figure it out. Thanks!
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

dunwichamps

Quote from: Lumpy on May 07, 2013, 10:24:52 AM
I'm going to read that a bunch more times, and see if I can figure it out. Thanks!

yea oops maybe i got a bit wordy. the long and short is that its a higher hi gain fuzzface with an EQ.

dunwichamps

Wanted to add here since now everyone is on FB but there are now 2 extra prizes, a painting done by Earthward (guy who did my art on the Cthulhu Pedal and t shirts) and a F-spaced Alnico V bridge custom wound by Avedissian Pickups

taylo)))r

some monies coming your way. hope you can raise enough to help her out.
(insert interesting quote)

The Shocker

Quote from: dunwichamps on May 07, 2013, 05:14:45 PM
Wanted to add here since now everyone is on FB but there are now 2 extra prizes, a painting done by Earthward (guy who did my art on the Cthulhu Pedal and t shirts) and a F-spaced Alnico V bridge custom wound by Avedissian Pickups

I'd donate some money even if there weren't prizes dude (but the prizes are cool!).

dunwichamps

Quote from: The Shocker on May 07, 2013, 08:05:16 PM
Quote from: dunwichamps on May 07, 2013, 05:14:45 PM

I'd donate some money even if there weren't prizes dude (but the prizes are cool!).

Thanks man, I appreciate that