Main Menu

Mountain King Effects

Started by clockwork green, May 15, 2013, 05:21:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

clockwork green

Anyone have any of these pedals? I just put a downpayment on a Heavy Machine. I figure I'll mainly use it for bass but maybe it'll see some use on guitar.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

Lumpy

I have the Megalith, it's absurdly heavy. You know how on a lot of fuzz pedals, you need to turn the fuzz all the way up? You don't need to do that on the Megalith :D And there's a More Heavy switch (which I don't even use).

Anyway, nice pedals. I'm curious about the Freq. LSD.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Discö Rice

Quote from: Lumpy on May 15, 2013, 05:34:40 PM
I have the Megalith, it's absurdly heavy. You know how on a lot of fuzz pedals, you need to turn the fuzz all the way up? You don't need to do that on the Megalith :D And there's a More Heavy switch (which I don't even use).

Anyway, nice pedals. I'm curious about the Freq. LSD.
One of these days I'll own a Megalith. What a fucking monster that thing is.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

FullCustom

There is pics of the insides on bass fuzz dot com. He didn't score it very high, just average.

Baltar

My buddy had one for a bit, it was ridiculous.
Friends don't let friends play solid state amplifiers.

clockwork green

How are the wait times? It took the guy to even email after I sent the deposit (I had to send an extra email).

Lumpy

I've had mine for a couple of years, and I bought it before he blew up. He's a part time builder I think, so he's going to be slow, and he's not watching his email inquiries like a hawk (there's no Customer Service Dept.) I think it took a month to get my unit, and that was early days.

clockwork green

He mentioned being pretty busy. As long as it sounds cool, I'll be happy.

Lumpy

I would give him 4 to 6 weeks, and then send him a polite follow-up email.

clockwork green

So I got the pedal after 5-weeks. I tried it out on bass which was my original intension but it didn't sound all that great and got a bit lost in the mix (but everything through that amp does just that...fortunately I'm getting my better amp back). I then tried it through guitar and was blown away. What's cool is that all 3 "Notch" modes sound unique and all are really good. It really pulls off sounding like 3 different flavors of fuzz from scooped to flat to mid boost and thick. This is also probably the heaviest sounding fuzz I've played through and it still cuts through the mix. Definitely a keeper.

Lumpy

Lip

Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...