dirty tricks s/t

Started by markedman72, May 19, 2013, 05:28:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markedman72

So you have all the pentagram records.
You have been listening to 70's inspired riff rock for the past 15 years.

You have already gone and done CAPTain Beyond, Cactus, Trapeze, Medusa, Sir Lord Baltimore, Montrose, Mountain, truth and janey and Lucifers friend.

In short You think you have heard it all before.

YOur down the shops and you approach the counter of the record store with a copy of vinyl copy of the best of Reo Speedwagon, to feed the need for more vinyl. Purely for the laughs you keep telling yourself, Reo is an ironic purchase.

As you hand over the sleeve to the clerk he slips some DIRTY TRICKS on the stereo.

Which unless your from South Texas (Where radio play brought them some local notoriety) or brought most of your record collection in England circa 1975 you have never freaking heard of the dirty tricks.

But you know from the first tune.....You should have.

Your weekend is fucken saved mange.

This english four piece are a blues based combo with a slightly doom edged inflection. I say slight.
Most people seem to think this makes them a proto NWOBHM combo but they aren't.

This is just blues based 70's rock at its finest. Top tunes, wailing vocals and blazing blues licks.

All the songs are cool, even the ballads.

Do I really need to pore over every song and spell it out further...I didn't think so.
This is one of those records that you can throw on at a cool party and have everyone dancing to tunes they never heard before and asking you what is this cool shit you be playing????

Here it is the first dirty tricks record which never got released in the USA and isnt remotely like NWOBHM.

Lap it up rock dogs:

black

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.