Harmonica? Who here plays it?

Started by Ranbat, February 15, 2011, 11:07:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ranbat

Cuz I am totally missing it. I've looked up some tutorials online and haven't had much luck. So who here plays and what was your break through moment?
Meh :/

bass sic

Still waiting on my break through moment. But I guess Id have to play it more than once every 6 month's.

mortlock

the mouth harp getting some love..who played it on the black sabbath shit..was it ozzy?? id like to see it run through some sort of a distortion pedal and a marshall stack.  do that and you got something worth posting about..

Discö Rice

All you need is a green bullet and small combo amp, and your harp will howl like a goose getting a stiff red bugger from a rutting coyote.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.

Mike_Sims

Pete from Goatsnake basically has a Harmonica sewn to his lips! I'd love to play Harmonica too, always digged it.

zachoff

I have harmonicas, but I didn't "get" them either.  Probably spent a couple hours a week for a month or so trying.  Maybe I just need someone to show me.  I have a hard time learning from books.

Ranbat

I have a bunch of them. I have one that has a reverb/delay effect that's kind of  cool. I can do a little bit but even playing a simple melody is tripping me up. I wish I knew somebody that played that could give me some tips.
Meh :/

peyotepeddler

Quote from: Discö Rice on February 16, 2011, 01:41:50 AM
All you need is a green bullet and small combo amp, and your harp will howl like a goose getting a stiff red bugger from a rutting coyote.

i have always wondered what a cab mic'd with a green bullet would sound like

Discö Rice

I'm guessing boxy with a lot of unpleasant feedback. Not sure they're designed to handle those SPLs.
Somebody's gonna eat my pussy or I'm gonna cut your fucking throat.