Main Menu

subpoop silver jewbilee

Started by Chovie D, July 09, 2013, 10:39:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chovie D

this saturday. Seattle...georgetown.
would anyone  from here like to meet for a beer?
I will hopefully be meeting the Diddler there at some point.
Tad "reunion' appears to be just tad and Gary, but i heard some and it was still awesome.
My sources tell me soundgarden will be playing also, if you like that kind of thing. ;)

Chovie D

wrong forum...oops. oh well ,anyone going would prolly be from here anyway.

RAGER

Swing by just north of Portland and pick me up.
No Focus Pocus

the diddler

I gotta check the set times and see if I can make it work....  One of my bands got thrown on a shit bill in Tacoma that night, but I think the show is likely to get cancelled (I hope so)

mortlock

I would go for sure if I could..i just picked this up on record store day [as gay as that sounds] and its fucking killer. iron lung is on it..

sub pop 1000

dogfood

Problem solving whiskey!

Chovie D

got a ride both ways i think and vip area (such that it might actually exist) action i hope.
I sure would like to buy you some beers and smoke you up Diddler, but I understand the gig thing.
message me before the show and let me know yer status and potential whereabouts.

should be fun

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on July 09, 2013, 10:41:06 AM
Swing by just north of Portland and pick me up.

AMTRAK. Do it.

Chovie. I'll pm you my digits somewhere towards Friday. I want go for sure but other plans may preclude. 98108 is the zip code people.

Jake

I'll be there. I'm roadie-ing for Chris Cornell's hair products.
poop.

the diddler

Any luck signing up Kim Thayil to be the beard conditioner spokesman?

Jake

Not sure. We could always just glue some pubes to Jon Lovitz's face and call it a day.
poop.

Jake

Also, I understand that Cornell needs another full-time Jeans Distressor on his staff.
poop.

Chovie D

sounds like soundgarden is not playing this fest, but rather some show at the moore instead...eff that if its true.

oh well, im going to see TAD anyway.

Mudhoney plays on top of the space needle tomorrow.  :o

Muffin Man

Chovie, I just heard of this! Amazing! Mark was at the local store and my freind was there and Mark said the same as you posted. On Top Of The Space Needle. Amazing. God I love Mudhoney.
How the heck are they going to do that!

Muffin Man

Live feed,  starts in a couple of minutes. Edit; over now but can re-watch starting at 21:30 on the video timeline

RacerX

Quote from: Muffin Man on July 11, 2013, 07:59:06 PM
Live feed,  starts in a couple of minutes. Edit; over now but can re-watch starting at 21:30 on the video timeline

Thanks for that.
Livin' The Life.

Chovie D

Today is the Day. Diddler I need to pay you for those records one way or another.

5 looks like the best time to meet up for a beer.
I dont got a cell phone so youll just have to look for the dude with the red beard, black baseball hat no logo I guess  ???
i will smoke you ooooot.

the diddler

It's looking like I won't be going- though it's still a gametime decision.  I'll keep an eye out for ya if I make the scene

Chovie D

pm me your cell digits Diddler. Ill give ya a ring around 4 or 5 and see if your there. wheeee!

Muffin Man

I'll loook for you Chovie but I'm on a short leash so kinda dsashing in and out. I'll prob start at Jim Price at Lucille then head to Pissed Jeans, somehow doubling up on Mascis and Dulli. (s. Homer must be in that big black parking lot where the brewery used to be?) S. Vale is at the Record Store. I'll look around for you! Have no clue what I'm wearing. I made a date for tonite and kinda screwed myself on the timeline so cant stay long. Can't take too much of G-town anyway hahaha  :D

oh, I might wear a black SubPop shirt,  haven't decided if that's toally goofy or not but it is their dealio this go around so prolly chance it. Too hipster?

the diddler

I ended up not going- how was it?

Muffin Man

diddler, it was awesome. I had the pleasure of meeting Chovie, nice to meet you Chovie!, and sitting with his friend at the show billed as: "Brothers of the Sonic Cloth - TAD'S band". They played out of the back of Elysian Brewery. People were lined up watching on the overpass just overhead, kind of hovering, in a way, over the stage and crowd on a picture perfect sunny day.

By the time I got there I lucked out and spotted Chovie who'd staked out his place with chairs, in the shade! (crowd was on asphaut parking lot so a luxury of sorts). Endino's bands played, I don't recall the songs but he played from his catalog including Skinyard. I'm not too familiar with his stuff, a little, but he brought back the energy felt during the grunge days for, sure (I thought).  ;D

Whe BOTSC came on they fired up one of their songs, and then, get ready...
IT WAS SMOKING old school TAD!!!  :o

Setlist as I recall:
a BOTSC song
Wood Goblin's
Jack Pepsi
Behemoth
Jinx
a Tad song I forgot name of
a BOTCS song
a BOTCS song - Glacier?

I may have mised something. But Tad brought it for about 40 minutes. God it.was.goood, really good.

Saw some other bands around the area of three stages. TONS OF PEOPLE. I had to cut-out after about 5 hours and probably missed some special guests that may have happened?

What happened later, Chovie?

Chovie D

it was nice meeting you muffin man.

Tad absolutely destroyed the place!!! It was beyond great. After tads set, i ended up backstage for the brothers and the free elysian beer on tap took command of the rest of the evening. My friend/ride decided he didnt want to stay for mudhoney so we didnt stick around for too much longer. didnt catch mascis, pissed jeans or mudhoney. 

Chovie D

found this....stumblin man and jinx shot from the freeway overlooking the brewery stage

Chovie D

first song was Boiler Room off Gods balls..... :o

holy shit.