Until the Light Takes Us

Started by EaterofBirds, February 16, 2011, 09:05:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EaterofBirds

I dvr'd this when Sundance channel played it around Halloween, and kept it unerased, and keep going back to it for revisits.

What a great documentary. Required viewing even for the casual fan.

Why did Fenriz have teargas on the public transit? hah..a mystery I would love answered

black

Finally got to this one last night. Agreed, this is well produced and those Norwegians are an articulate bunch of church burners (!). They do present a fairly solid case towards their actions, albeit a radical, extreme method of expressing their displeasure with the desecration and virtual elimination of their native religion(s) and the serious re-write of their heritage. One does have to agree that the Christian/Catholic religions have been good at destroying the beliefs, rituals and religions of indigenous people since the get go. Something I guess I associate with races other than "white", so that was an interesting fact to ponder. It was also interesting to see how quickly the Norwegian press distorted what was a fairly serious political movement and turned it into a convoluted mess of supposed Satanism.
All in all, I would recommend this (much like EaterofBirds) to anyone with even a casual interest in Metal and one of it's more 'controversial' sub-genres.

I'm guessing the "teargas" Ferniz had was what we would call mace or pepper spray. I've heard Euros refer to pepper spray as teargas before. (although it would be interesting to know if he actually was holding canisters of 'real' teargas!)
At Least I Don't Have The Clap.