Lobster rolls

Started by Demon Lung, July 13, 2013, 07:56:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demon Lung

So me and my lady were out in Montauk earlier in today and we went to the red hook lobster pound and for some lobster rolls and some lobster Mac and cheese and some lemonade. We got a Maine lobster roll which has mayo and tomato and a Connecticut lobster roll which is a warm toasted bun and no mayo but it has clarified butter and lemon on it. We both had half. The Connecticut lobster roll was amazing.

The Shocker

One of the very few reasons I want to go up north.

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, we're going to boston/Maine in Aug and chowder and lobster are on the agenda.

Some days chickens, some days feathers

Demon Lung

If you are a frugal spender then prepare to be shocked. A roll is $18 out in Montauk which is probably expensive because it is Montauk. You think it's on a hero type of roll but its more of a hotdog bun type of roll. It is just loaded down with lobster.

VOLVO)))

I made the southern version of this with crayfish the other day. Tops.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

The Shocker

Crayfish Jake?  WTF dude? It's crawfish if you are in the south.

deleted account

it's crawdads if you're someplace civilized

mortlock

pics or it didn't happen..

ladysloth

Quote from: Demon Lung on July 13, 2013, 07:56:49 PM
So me and my lady were out in Montauk earlier in today and we went to the red hook lobster pound and for some lobster rolls and some lobster Mac and cheese and some lemonade. We got a Maine lobster roll which has mayo and tomato and a Connecticut lobster roll which is a warm toasted bun and no mayo but it has clarified butter and lemon on it. We both had half. The Connecticut lobster roll was amazing.
oh my god that sounds so good, i would've eaten all of them. ALL of THEM. damn it all, i love lobster. fedex me one

JemDooM

I have no idea what a lobster roll is but I really wanna find out...

and lobster mac n cheese seriously? macaroni cheese with real lobster in it?!
DooM!

Demon Lung

Quote from: JemDooM on July 15, 2013, 05:16:26 PM

and lobster mac n cheese seriously? macaroni cheese with real lobster in it?!
yes

MadJohnShaft

I will sell a body part and bring $18

Lumpy

Quote from: JemDooM on July 15, 2013, 05:16:26 PM

Basically, lobster salad (chilled lobster bits and mayo, or some variation) on a toasted hot dog bun.

The hot dog bun aspect may seem odd, but it's really good... fluffy and light. It all goes together really well.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

JemDooM

DooM!

Demon Lung

MadJohnShaft

I was surprised, my old company was based in Boston and at some meeting they ordered Lobster Rolls and I thought they would suck but they are a thing.

We can't get no good clam chowder in IL so that's a thing too.

RAGER

Lobster roll on a brioche bun is where it's at.  Ya wanna talk aboot light and fluffy.
No Focus Pocus

ladysloth

I think these are actual size and am adding these to my spank bank. fuck me yum

Demon Lung

Quote from: RAGER on July 16, 2013, 12:28:47 PM
Lobster roll on a brioche bun is where it's at.  Ya wanna talk aboot light and fluffy.
yeah but a lobster roll is on a hotdog bun.

RAGER

I make it better by putting it on a decent bun.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Hot dog bun is made out of air. It's like cotton candy, it barely exists (and also slightly sweet). It melts in your mouth. You don't want to notice the bun very much in a lobster roll, IMO.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.