Main Menu

Agile guitars

Started by Lip, July 25, 2013, 11:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lip

So - please forgive me for this - i know this topic has been beat to shit here. I am thinking of pulling the trigger on an Agile LP as a 2nd guitar. Gonn astart taking lessons soon and I want something comfprtable to sit and play - and that is halfway decent or better sounding. I have always heard good things about the Agile guitars on here...

Here is the one I am considering....

http://www.rondomusic.com/AL20002tsplain.html

Can you folks give me feedback - pros and cons - your experience with Rondo... anything that might benefit this decision would be greatly appreciated.
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

rayinreverse

The only places I e ever heard bad reviews about them are websites with less Paul, or tele, or snob in the name.

Lip

That particular guitar is a 2000 - on sale for $159 - with the case - shipped - its $235. I think that a killer fkkn deal.
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

neighbor664

I am quite pleased with my "custom" goldtop AL-31XX. Plays and sounds great. I've done nothing more to it but put .11s on it.

Lip

Anyone have any comments re: the electronics and pickups..?

da_qtip

I've been looking at these too, mainly the AL-2000s. Anyone know if is it worth the extra cash for the AL-3000s? Cheaper is better for me but if there's a big quality difference I might not feel bad paying more.

franksnbeans

I like mine.  Although if I try to tune to c or below I get fret buzz. That is with .12 and/or .13 gauge strings. The buzz is even after making adjustments.

dogfood

Plastic nuts are super bright,.  I would replace with a bone and have a quality tech do the work.  Also, pick a size of strings you intend to play for a very long time and let the tech know what your string size preference is when the nut gets swapped. inexpensive mod with excellent roi tone wise.
Problem solving whiskey!

VOLVO)))

Get it, Lip. Get it. You'll be happy about it.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

Quote from: SunnO))) on July 26, 2013, 07:31:38 AM
Get it, Lip. Get it. You'll be happy about it.
this

don't lose perspective.   $200. those are amazing for $200. those are not amazing for $1200, but they aren't $1200 either.
my $185 total incl shipping, fender style agile bass is solid, sounds fine, played right out of the box and tunes dead on. I really don't think it is fair to expect anything more at that price point
ESPECIALLY sight unseen. I don't like doing that, but for $200 ok, worth the gamble

I got a player.  sounds like most other agile buyers played theirs right out of the box too.
you cant even randomly grab a guitar off the wall at GC and expect it to play right

I think LP is a good starter neck too. not wide and flat. you can get a hold of it nicely.   

Jake

Get some inlay decals for the neck.
poop.

Kauser Bari

:P

RacerX

While backing one over with my Subaru, I discovered they are not particularly agile.

Fucker didn't even try to get outta my way.

Then again, maybe someone put stickers over its eyes?
Livin' The Life.

Lip

Quote from: Jake on July 26, 2013, 12:09:05 PM
Get some inlay decals for the neck.

I already have... they are on the shaft of my penis... but VERY straight... AND classy.

VOLVO)))

Im sure they look like sweatbands

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Lip

classy sweatbands....

Lip

Took this out of the Les Paul forum -

"In the Agile line the AL 3000 and above are the tops. From there you have to determine exactly which features you're looking for, i.e, how close to the construction of a Les Paul you want to get.

For instance: The AL-3000M and AL-3100M models all come with a full 3/4" carved maple top on a 2-piece mahogany body. They come with a 1-piece mahogany neck as well. These guitars are as close as you can get in the Agile line to the tone of a real LP. They're well made, play great, and sound terrific as well. I own two of these (an AD-3000M and an AL-3100M), so I'm speaking from personal experience.

The std. AL-3000 and AL-3100 models look the same as the M models, but lack the thick maple tops. They tend to sound a bit darker in tone, but some prefer this so it's a judgement call."

Lip

I was also checking the difference b/n the 2000s and 3000s - ceramic vs. alnico pups, pots and wiring upgrades, 2 part w B maple top vs. solid mahogony w AA maple top, graphic saddles and improved bridge... and most importantly - headstock binding!
I gotta go with the 3000 series...

Pissy

I got one I'll sell lippy. 3100M. Great guitar, but it won't be in the 200 range you were looking at.

Vinyls.   deal.

Lip

What are you thinking of asking for? Its actually the finish I want and everything?

VOLVO)))

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

look how nice those inlays sit with the strings, they taper down in sets, but the edges all stick out past the string about the same, all the way down the neck.
feng shui is achieved.  it doesn't look like Helen Keller's 4th grade art project at all.

Pissy

Right now I'm on vacation. When I get back ill PM you with some details.  It came with a case, so think about whether you'd want that or not. 
Vinyls.   deal.

Lip

sounds good. I'll shoot you a PM, as well. I would be interestd in the case. to get a 3010 with a case shipped to me was about $385. That's what I was looking at. Either the finish you have or a silverburst.

VOLVO)))

I was thinking about making a shelf out of sticks i found out back. I got some sweatbands for it.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.