Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I,Galactus

Quote from: Pundan on June 27, 2012, 01:10:00 AMI recommend checking out the seller chingo123 on eBay.

Applauded for heads-up-ification.  Dude's got quite an array of good stuff at reasonable prices:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/chingo123/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3686
"Why don't you take a flying fuck at a rolling doughnut? Why don't you take a flying fuck at the mooooooooooooon?"

Pundan

Quote from: I,Galactus on June 27, 2012, 08:21:27 AM
Quote from: Pundan on June 27, 2012, 01:10:00 AMI recommend checking out the seller chingo123 on eBay.

Applauded for heads-up-ification.  Dude's got quite an array of good stuff at reasonable prices:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/chingo123/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_from=&_ipg=50&_trksid=p3686

Yeah he's got some sweet auctions up for grabs. I'd say he always have atleast 10 guitars or so up for auction at all times, and the most I've seen is about 30 or so. There's lots of Burny's Grecos and Tokai's there, Orville is somewhat rarer however he has three of them up now :)

VOLVO)))

Anyone want an Amber Burst Tokai Paul? 449? Needs a new nut, it's at my local GC.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Pissy

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 27, 2012, 08:42:14 AM
Anyone want an Amber Burst Tokai Paul? 449? Needs a new nut, it's at my local GC.

Love Rock?  What vintage?
Vinyls.   deal.

VOLVO)))

Early 90s methinks. Sounds cool!

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Pissy

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 27, 2012, 11:16:03 AM
Early 90s methinks. Sounds cool!

I suppose you don't recall some key details?

2 or 3 screws in the truss rod cover?  Body/neck wood? Trying figure out if it's Japanese or not.

At that price, it's probably a Korean or Chinese model.
Vinyls.   deal.

VOLVO)))

Mahogany, rosewood. Scripted Tokai logo.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Pissy

So the neck and body were both mahogany?
Vinyls.   deal.

VOLVO)))

Yeah, it's very gone, now, lol. I wanted that fucker.

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

clockwork green

Very good call on that eBay seller...he's got loads of NS10's and now I'm considering a bass.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

grimniggzy

Quote from: I,Galactus on June 27, 2012, 08:21:27 AM

Applauded for heads-up-ification.  Dude's got quite an array of good stuff at reasonable prices:

Some mighty fine stuff over thar.

That LP Jr. & Tokai Basses caught my eye quick.

bitter

Damn, he sure priced those fairly.

That greco sure looks nice.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

grimniggzy

I'm a sucker for wine colored jawns

Pundan

Sorry I haven't linked to him earlier. Glad you all seemed to dig his stuff.

the diddler

Yeah, the shipping fees to the US are rough, but damn, that doublecut jr has got my attention big time 

zachoff

Latest purchase was a 70s Ampeg B115.  Has some scratchy pots, but was only $150.  We'll see how it does at practice tomorrow.  Not expecting a lot, but happy I have something that's not 300W & an 8x10 or a 200W & 2x15.  Small combos are good sometimes.

[attachment deleted by admin]

grimniggzy

Quote from: zachoff on June 29, 2012, 01:55:54 AM
Latest purchase was a 70s Ampeg B115.  Has some scratchy pots, but was only $150.  We'll see how it does at practice tomorrow.  Not expecting a lot, but happy I have something that's not 300W & an 8x10 or a 200W & 2x15.  Small combos are good sometimes.

that's awesome. good haul for $150.

xayk

I didn't start off my day thinking I'd come home with an American-made slab of ash and maple as a project, but then, life is funny.

G&L F100 Series II in need of some love (like damn near everything else I own.) I respect the original owner for really making it his own - the b-bender/d-tuna, Carvin C22T pickups, Fender roller nut, Sperzel locking tuners. It's not like he needed to put 'Country Picker' in cut-out letters under some sort of masking tape - it was already obvious. But by God, he did anyway.

However, the bridge replacement included tearing up a good bit of wood, and using some sort of motherfucking putty-filler in the cavity for reasons I cannot fathom. I've cleaned that out, and I've cleaned up all of the white tape he applied as a pseudo-binding allllll over the body and neck and headstock.

I have the original G&L bridge and parts, but super-obviously, this is never going to be a restoration project. Not sure how to approach the chewed-up wood and various screw holes thereabouts.  It may add character, or it may drive me insane. Never a dull moment.

dogfood

my god, that WAS a G&L.  you are a brave man.
Problem solving whiskey!

Corey Y

Just came in yesterday. Wren & Cuff Pickle Pie B bass fuzz. Loving it so far, it's pretty apparent right off the bat that it was tailored for bass and not just a "hey, you could also use this for bass" pedal. The gain and tone knobs are really versatile and have a pretty wide usable sweep and I like the voicing of the pedal in general. Clean blend on the side, but it's got a ton of low end and it's not as mid scooped as a typical muff, so I haven't found it necessary to use the blend with the full bore fuzz sound. Dialing the clean blend way up, the gain way down and dialing in more high end on the tone gets a nice kind of driven tube amp overdrive tone though. Also doesn't get weird with an active preamp, which is nice.

grimniggzy

nice, that shit always seemed like the baller big muff for bass.

Corey Y

Yeah, I've been using a bunch of different Big Muff pedals (EHX and boutique clones), messing with all sorts of different settings, stacking and blends for years. The one I've been using has heaps of low end, so that was never and issue, but the voicing was just never quite right in the mix and the gain and tone knobs had a pretty limited usable range. A couple minutes with the Pickle Pie B and I just said "Ah, ok...there it is". I wish this guy would make some more bass specific pedals, something based on a RAT or some kind of overdrive. I would buy that in a hot second.

grimniggzy

check out the Fuzzrocious Rat Tail
http://www.fuzzrociouspedals.com/

I'm not gonna lie though, I like my early 90's Rat II better (even for bass).

Corey Y

I use a vintage Rat with a clean blend now, when I want distortion, and it sounds great. Without the blend it cuts a lot of low end out. I'd just like something dedicated to bass, especially since I love using the Rat on guitar and I'm getting to the point where I just want to have two different pedalboards set up, so I don't have to swap things around and reset pedals all the time. I've thought about the Rat Tail, but the Fuzzrocious pedals have an outrageously long wait. I don't mind paying good money for a good pedal, but fuck wait lists.

grimniggzy

you can get their pedals stamped now or painted by their son & the wait drops to a couple weeks I think.

the rat tail is cool and all but i feel like there's too many choices on it. the beauty of a RAT is the set & forget simplicity IMO.