Previous topic - Next topic

The Bandit

1. Eastbound and Down
2. Masters of Sex
3. Brooklyn 99
4. Bob's Burgers
5. Survivor
6. Trophy Wife

And American Horror Story starts back this week.

strangelight

bob's burgers is back?

i'd like homeland if it was just a show about a crazy lady. or just close-ups of mandy patinkin being quietly furious.

MadJohnShaft

All of those shows blow, deaner.

Homeland
Orphan black
The Americans
Downton Abbey
Walking Dead
House of Cards

That show with James Spader really sucks.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Shocker

I like The Americans and Walking Dead, but they aren't on right now.  The Bridge which just ended was good too. And if you mention House Of Cards, Orange Is The New Black is better.

If you think Eastbound and Down blows, you are gay.

MadJohnShaft

The Bridge sucks, yes to Orange.

The Bandit

I'm not arguing with you anymore.

MadJohnShaft

That was a surprise twist I didn't see coming. 

JkFlesh

This season has been much more subdued but I like it so far.

A great article in the New Yorker about Caracas gives a ton of fascinating background on the massive skyscraper slum where Brody is hiding out in the last episode.  It's great reading: http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2013/01/28/130128fa_fact_anderson

strangelight

pretty much every latin american city has a section that looks like that tower. it was actually in relatively decent shape. i mean, most of it was concrete. in brazil, you can find favelas that house as many people as that tower, but it's all made of scrap steel and cinderblocks.

if that's something that interests you, you should read brodwyn fischer's "a poverty of rights," about the creation of those slums in rio de janeiro.

between this season of homeland and the jeffrey wright character on boardwalk empire, tv is giving me my fix of latin american/caribbean content.

MadJohnShaft

The boy and girl crazy runaways story is not good. I wish they'd give the girl something fun to do.

ez

Too big of a coincidence that there happens to be a Caracas connection between Carrie and Brody story lines. No reasoning behind why Caracas should be Brody's last stop. Why the hell would he be dumb enough to think that a mosque would be his salvation.

So much dumb in this season I don't know why I am still watching this. Probably for the off chance of seeing Baccarin's sweater-puppies again.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

MadJohnShaft

If they would have killed Brody off already we could get on with the show. 

Maybe the teens on the run will have a Venezuelan angle.

ez

I've said it before and I'll say it again: this show would have been near perfect had they kept it at one season and have Brody succeed with the attack at the end of that first season.

For some reason, the Americans (unlike the British) have a huge problem with keeping a series limited to 1 - 3 seasons. So many mediocre shows could have been saved had they just had the balls to keep it short and to the point.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

MadJohnShaft

Kill the vice president and we're out?

ez

Yes. it would have been glorious.

strangelight

the uppity euro is right.

ez

damn right I'm right.

MadJohnShaft

On 24 they just went onwards to the next bad guy up the chain. They could do that here - and she could crash with a guy from a liquor store. 

MadJohnShaft

And action! That's what they are done gonna do. Thankfully.

I really want to like this show, so I just look away when something annoying happens, like with walking dead.

whoshotthefrog

I'm a week behind on the show, but what the fuck was up with the drawer full of pregnancy kits?
If I had a dollar for every girl that found me unattractive they would eventually find me attractive.

http://whoshotthefrog.tumblr.com/

http://www.instagram.com/whoshotthefrog/

MadJohnShaft

A window into the extent of her hidden madness.  The Internet collectively groaned when it found out the show was going in that direction,

I wish Headscarf was a little less wussy character, if they would have made her aggressive and with a backbone it might have been better.

Saul blacking out the windows on the conference room with the remote was a hell of a moment.  How long until Quinn is getting himself in on all that  crazy girl fucking?  Carrie has a nice butt.

The story line with the senior undercover Iranian badass shows promise - it's the CIA they are supposed to be doing big things instead of worrying about a few minor characters. 

MadJohnShaft

Now this show is good again...

MadJohnShaft

About now it's still good again.

JkFlesh

The last episode was particularly awesome.  Homeland is officially good again.

MadJohnShaft

Carrie, F Murray, Brody, the two tech guys and Mr Whitehouse are all humming along on one storyline.

The Senator character as foe to the CIA might be nice but as written and as acted it's not working.  I wish they'd find something for Quinn to do.  Carrie's pregnancy story is horrible and needs to go.