Orange Is The New Black - on Netflix...

Started by Worthless Willie, July 17, 2013, 04:05:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Bandit

Quote from: jmucke on July 29, 2013, 11:17:08 AM
What I really want to know is "Should I keep watching?". Because if its only little Miss Perfect whining about the food with a shower scene thrown in every 10 minutes I am not interested. Does anything else happen?

There's all kinds of shit going on.  Piper's brother is fucking hilarious.

MadJohnShaft

To: MadJohnShaft
Subject: Re: song at the end of the title credits in Orange is The New Black episode 10 Bora bora bora?

Hi MadJohnShaft,

I believe the end title music from that episode is an original piece by composers Gwendolyn Sanford and Brandon Young Jay titled "Red Sees Red."

Glad you are liking the music on the show!

Best,

Victor

Victor Rodriguez

Agent
Evolution Music Partners
Some days chickens, some days feathers

The Bandit

Damn Shaft, can you find the rest of the music on this show since you now have an "in"?

I love the Title Credits Song by that Russian chick.

deleted account

the opening credits song is the only thing I don't like about this show

MadJohnShaft

Regina Spektor wrote the title song for the show, I want to listen to her first two self releases 'non-folk' or whatever that was called.

On that episode I mention, the closing credit music is an interesting bit of weird guitar noise - I looked at the names in the credits and google a guy through some sound company.  I wonder what I should do next to find it?

The Shocker

I was all pumped to get some Regina Spector shit, but then I read that the song on the show is a new direction for her - more pop, uptempo. Need to do some more research on her. She is sexy looking.

Golden Boy, Esq.

neighbor664

Anyone read the Piper Kerman book the show is inspired by or know someone who did?

MadJohnShaft

No, check out the amazon reviews - mixed bag and sounds like the book is not particularly graphic - we have one episode left so I guess tonight we are left stunned, per the reviews of the end of this thing.

MadJohnShaft

That was the last episode - I liked it. They will make some more. Netflix can be a playa.

peoplething

We dug that show and just finished Hemlock Grove. I dug HG for a bunch of reasons I think I mentioned in another thread. One thing that I didn't mention was the subtle liners that are homages to past horror movies.

I think Shaft is right, Netflix is going to shake some things up, in a good way.
"Shut the fuck up." - socket, Administrator

The Shocker

retardgroove

Isn't Hemlock Grove aimed at pre-teen girls?

The Shocker

Nah dude, very violent and gory.  Eli Roth is involved somehow.

retardgroove

I would have watched it by now if I knew that.

bitter

I wrote about HG in the netflix thread. Worth watching for the weirdness alone.
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Token

At my homies house, 3rd episode. Cute show

GodShifter

Tore through all 13 episodes in two days.

I thought this was an excellent series and want more immediately, but I have to say that anytime Jason Biggs was on the screen it was an immediate power down. I just cannot stand him. If they could totally do away with his character next season that would be a big, big plus, but I don't see it happening.

Great show, but I'm with priest in that hate the theme song. I skipped it every time.

The Shocker

Yeah, Biggs is definitely the weak link.  So many good roles for the women though.  I love how it is funny with deep sadness underneath it all.

VOLVO)))

Nicki/nikki is the best.

Fuck Biggs. Worthless, boring turd.

And he fucked a pie. (if you get that reference, you get one dollar)
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

deleted account

I'm no Biggs fan, but I think he works fine in this.  he's just as vapid as the chick.  you know, what's her name

ez

Show's basically a high school sitcom with a little extra edginess, written for those 30-something housewives who need more excitement in their lives. It's also incredibly cheesy and unrealistic, and Prepon still can't act to save her life.

That being said, it's still decent, mindless entertainment and has some great characters.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

bitter

***Mild SPOILER***

I read that they're writing her out of the show mid-way thru next season, but with enough leeway that her character could return down the road. I guess people didn't really care for her  :D
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

ez

Prepon? if I thought that that'd make the show better I'd be all for it. but besides a few exceptions the rest of the cast aren't in the running for any acting emmys either.
Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch TV?

neighbor664

***SEASON ONE SPOILER***

I'm hoping Pennsyltucky survives her beating, ends up getting her teeth fixed and turns over a new slutty leaf so that Taryn Manning can get in on some hot lesbian nude scenes.