Main Menu

Recent posts

Food and Drink / Re: BBQ!
Last post by Muffin Man - Today at 05:45:37 PM
it worked and somehow the lump charcoal ran out just as I put the last piece on. Did you get rain today? it was raining like cats&dogs here.

Not going to win any awards with what looks like cafeteria food except for the baby bok choy jr - whoa, the surpise of the day. Small enough for one bite. I dusted them in Jacobsen sea salt - 1/2 a batch lemon pepper mix and the other in chopped ginger. the ginger (from Japan) more like  puree, from a jar. Wonderful stuff.

Food and Drink / Re: The food and drink forum b...
Last post by Muffin Man - Today at 05:39:36 PM
had some salmon bellies the other day, cubed and glazed. just amazing. probably socket salmon.
Last post by Pissy - Today at 04:24:24 PM
Sweet. I like collars. My family isn't into salmon. 
Last post by RAGER - Today at 03:49:17 PM
A couple weeks ago New Seasons had a sale on halibut. Something silly like 8 or 9 bucks a pound but you had to buy a whole fish though and I don't have the room since I've already committed to a socket salmon share. But they had a bunch of the collars and trim so I picked up a big bag of those and some coho collars. I was in there today and mentioned that. Fishmonger dude hooked me up with some ling cod collars and the spine of probably a 15 pounder gratis. Fun stuff to play with.
Last post by RAGER - Today at 02:29:52 PM
Damn!  You're going for it.
Last post by Muffin Man - May 20, 2024, 09:22:33 PM
grillstorm tonight; bok choy 2 ways, jalepenos, 1/4 chickens, thighs 3 ways. coming in at 300F, kinda low-ish?

up and running

Jam Room / Re: Gear showoff/BDE thread
Last post by Muffin Man - May 19, 2024, 06:13:24 PM
it even has a gate! I've never played around with a gate. Just something to comp with in the living room when I need that extra sizzle. It was a b-stock factory flash sale random fly by - it's pretty cool. I'm not sure they do the combo anymore all I see is head and cab - which would be cooler but this is smaller. Has a two-button switch and padded cover.
Last post by RAGER - May 19, 2024, 05:58:47 PM
Oh nice. Super high gain huh? 
Last post by Muffin Man - May 19, 2024, 05:43:15 PM

2xEL34 50 watt Lynx, yet to break it in. The Standard 60's honeyburst color isn't my first choice but this guitar was featured in two Greg Koch videos, so i got hear it first, with ferocity (lol). I was just vacuuming some dust off it and a silver tone knob insert got sucked out - factory was probaby short on glue that day  :-\ . I put some elmers in and refixed it, et voĆ­la. It has 9's on it. I used to play 11's. Man, I have some (tons) woodshedding ahead of me. ps the tuners are those Grover sealed metal butterbeans things- or rotomatics I guess.

ps. the guitar is ugly but has decent grain and the tone is tested/passes. I think of sanding the top, or parking it in the sun. but not of any concern...it only comes out at night. I have tonnes of stickers to plaster over it but nah. the ugly duckling. "Quack" I'll call it.
Last post by RAGER - May 19, 2024, 02:28:50 PM
Upstairs Sunday rig.

Yo Pissy. I'm not getting that JCM 800. I see he's got it listed for a few hundred more than what he'd sell it to me for.