Main Menu

Recent posts

Food and Drink / Re: What are you Drinking ?
Last post by Muffin Man - May 12, 2024, 04:00:20 PM
Quote from: RAGER on December 25, 2023, 01:43:51 PMHaven't been drinking much lately but I did last night. Eeesh. Feeling it today so...Christmas jazz and morning mimosas! 

those look amazing.
inspired by those, i'd really go for a couple blended banana dacquiri right now in the same glassware
Last post by Pissy - May 12, 2024, 01:46:41 PM
Beautiful.
Last post by RAGER - May 12, 2024, 01:03:52 PM
@pissy @sparklemotion

Food and Drink / Re: Dave'sCookinShow!!
Last post by RAGER - May 12, 2024, 01:02:13 PM
Slam Jim?  Do you shoot it?!?
Jam Room / Re: Amp Tech Thread / Ask a te...
Last post by Pissy - May 12, 2024, 11:59:18 AM
It's not technically safe, because if a high voltage component within the amp, say the main 110 from the wall, touches the chassis of the amp, it will energize the guitar and you.   If the ground is there, all (or most all) of that current will get run straight to ground, tripping the breaker, blowing the fuse, getting really hot... something other than electrocuting the user.  

Having said that so many houses i used to live in had two prong outlets, and anything that needed the ground lug got an adapter that is supposed to hook into the screw in the middle of the outlet, which I don't think many people do.   It's never happened to me, but its feasible.  Replace the cord or the plug on the end. They're cheap (replacement plugs) from HD or Lowes and easy to do with a screwdriver and an exacto knife to strip the wires. 
Food and Drink / Re: Dave'sCookinShow!!
Last post by mortlock - May 12, 2024, 12:28:33 AM
Jam Room / Re: Amp Tech Thread / Ask a te...
Last post by mortlock - May 11, 2024, 07:39:10 PM
question. on a peavey combo amp the ground prong on the plug snapped off flush. the amp still turns on when plugged in but im wondering what will happen if its used without the ground prong. im assuming its not safe??
Jam Room / Re: New Gear Acquisitions
Last post by RAGER - May 11, 2024, 04:51:05 PM
Sweetwater always includes candy.
Jam Room / Re: New Gear Acquisitions
Last post by Pissy - May 11, 2024, 02:24:11 PM
Haha.  Sweetwater.  
Jam Room / Re: Post the most recent song(...
Last post by Stonergrunge - May 11, 2024, 12:28:11 PM
A short video with weird sounds on it: