Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Headshrinker

Quote from: RAGER on November 25, 2013, 12:54:03 PMKorg Electribe MX. Synth, sequencer, drum machine, fun.  Yes those are 12ax7's that don't do a damn thing.

Looks... well... complicated...

RAGER

Spent a lot of time with it the last couple days.  Starting to get the hang of it.
No Focus Pocus

Mr. Foxen

Mr Neutron

Picked up a catalinbread belle epoch for a good "black friday" price. It arrived today, and my amp decides to blow fuses.
ugh.
"Where words fail, music speaks."

RAGER

My new partially working synth. :P

No Focus Pocus

MichaelZodiac

Basically I re-did my pedal setup. Current setup:

So goes as following: Korg Pitchblack -> Moose23 Scramblass (Ampeg Scrambler clone + tweaks) -> BYOC Leeds Fuzz (Superfuzz clone) -> DOD 250 -> Hardwire Stereo Phaser.

For the moment I'm pretty set since that Hardwire has an envelope filter setting as well so my Bassballs is off the board for now
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

moose23

That's pretty similar if even if nothing is the same bar the tuner on my guitar board. Glad to see you're still using the Scramblass. (might steal that name idea)

MichaelZodiac

It's basically the only pedal that has survived the recent changes ;) Mainly because it sounds so good with other pedals, either dirt or modulation. I love it as a boost for my other pedals because of the octave overtones. And the combo with the Superfuzz & phaser just sounds insane.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

RAGER

I built one of those fuzz pedals.  Great sounding fuzz.  so good a friend wanted it so I sold it to him.  I need to build another.
No Focus Pocus

Jake

So I got an unloaded Atlas 6x12 and popped in some of my fav noisemakers. It's a goddamned monster.

You guys should seriously check them out. Shockingly inexpensive and impeccably crafted.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlas-Cabinets/335854312135

Da guts.

poop.

spookstrickland

Quote from: Jake on December 17, 2013, 11:22:48 AM
So I got an unloaded Atlas 6x12 and popped in some of my fav noisemakers. It's a goddamned monster.

You guys should seriously check them out. Shockingly inexpensive and impeccably crafted.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Atlas-Cabinets/335854312135

Da guts.

What's an Atlas 6x12 like that run price wise?
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Corey Y

Is that why you've been dumping gear lately Jake? Looks nice, how do you like those WGS Reapers?

fallen

Trading gear for money & money for gear.  :)

fallen

Copy & paste Jake's SBG500 for sale post here.

Got into the office this morning and it was here waiting for me.  :D

And the nice thing about buying from a Jam Roomer is that it's already set up with decently heavy gauge strings.

No tuner in the office but I tuned it to roughly C standard by humming some Sleep.

What tuning did you have this thing set up for Jake?

Jake

Yup. Been on a purging and consolidating bender. Feels good.

Re WGS: I opted for the 55hz Reapers, but I would prolly recommend the 75hz ones. Well, if used by themselves anyways. Sound good mixed up with something like a V30 or new Greenback.

Re 6x12: The unloaded Atlas was a measly $475. Made to whatever specs/cosmetics/whims I could dream up. Solid as a goddamned birch tank. Will eventually purchase more as needed (wanted).

Re SGB: I think I had that at drop C, so the intonation might be pretty close at C standard. Stoked it got there in one piece. And duty free! Aaaand some bonus "Denver reprezentin" stickers in the case for ya, too.
poop.

RAGER

FYI for peeps.  There's tunings on youtube. 8)
No Focus Pocus

apekillman

hey jake,

whats the ohmage on that 6x12?   and, can you select it as a 4x12 separately with a 2x12 separate to run two heads?

bitter

Quote from: Jake on December 17, 2013, 05:10:07 PM
Re 6x12: The unloaded Atlas was a measly $475. Made to whatever specs/cosmetics/whims I could dream up. Solid as a goddamned birch tank. Will eventually purchase more as needed (wanted).

Shit, you can't even get jacked off for that kind of money these days. That's a great price!
Oh Andy I'm gonna go over to mount pilot and worship Satan

Jake

Wired as "separate" cabs like this:

poop.

bbottom

G&L SB2...... Tokyo crusher

I've been looking everywhere for one of these basses with a maple neck. I finally stumbled upon one in a Pawn shop somewhere in Indiana. It's tough to tell from the pictures just how green (and awesome) this thing is.

I think that it's from the 90's but I'm not 100% sure. The neck is stupid fast, even without a setup and the pups are crazy loud.

Obligatory family pic (of my good instruments)

Corey Y

Quote from: bbottom on December 18, 2013, 02:24:59 PM

That looks sweet, I love that color combo. I haven't had anything with a transparent green finish and black pickguard for about 10 years and I'm constantly thinking about putting together something with that combo. That's what I end up building half the time, with whatever instrument, when messing around on the Warmoth site or something.

RacerX

Quote from: bbottom on December 18, 2013, 02:24:59 PM

I've been looking everywhere for one of these basses with a maple neck. I finally stumbled upon one in a Pawn shop somewhere in Indiana. It's tough to tell from the pictures just how green (and awesome) this thing is.

I think that it's from the 90's but I'm not 100% sure. The neck is stupid fast, even without a setup and the pups are crazy loud.

Obligatory family pic (of my good instruments)

Those G&Ls are great axes. Purty, too.

Enjoy!
Livin' The Life.

MichaelZodiac

I agree with the posters above. Great looking bass. Neck looks like more of J neck or in between J & P?

The G&L ASAT Bass & a Rickenbacker are both high up on my GAS list. But I'm good for now.

Nolan