Main Menu

New Gear Acquisitions

Started by Barnabas, December 19, 2010, 04:23:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAGER

Got that TC Electronics Flashback about a week ago.  I've only played with it a little bit.  So far I dig it.
No Focus Pocus

Lumpy

Quote from: Instant Dan on February 01, 2014, 11:50:54 AM
I wonder how many of those blues loy-yers feel about the DAM Meathead now compared to when it first came out.

The blues lawyers probably didn't buy Meatheads, they went with the more expensive Tonebenders. A one knob Meathead is for the commoners.

I gave my one-knob Meathead clone to one of my no-good guitar players (I'm sure he lost it by now) - the one I bought from you. I need to find another one, they are cheap ($50) and good! One just sold on Ebay for less than $50.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

Andrew Blakk

Stumbled over a used (used and used, it was three months old and hardly used at all lol) Gibson Sg Special 70's Tribute yesterday. Got it for a really good price as well.

I guess it's more of a updated w&f due to the finish but it looks and feels great. Haven't bought a new guitar in years but this one I couldn't resist.

dogfood

Dig it, Dig the mini bucker vibe, nice score.  +1.
Problem solving whiskey!

Jake

I love the color combinations on the SG. Very sexy score.
poop.

RAGER

Picked this up yesterday.

Temporary pedal board setup.  So far nice and quiet.

No Focus Pocus

Corey Y

Cool SG Andrew, I've wanted a guitar with mini buckers ever since the first time I played a Firebird. Would love to try an SG loaded with them.

Hey Rager, how do you like the Malekko 616 compared to the Flashback?

dogfood

Fuck if I don't need a killer fuzz.  I'm'a finna get my paws on one.
Problem solving whiskey!

RAGER

Quote from: Corey Y on February 10, 2014, 04:13:36 PM

Hey Rager, how do you like the Malekko 616 compared to the Flashback?

The two are not really comparable.  The Flashback is a for all intents a modelling pedal and looper.  Thh 616 is a straight up analog delay with modulation capabilities more akin to the Carbon Copy.  The Flashback is really impressive and super clean.  Does all kinds of neat shit.  The 616 is a dark sounding analog unit.  Both are very cool but very different.

Check this video of the Flashback.

No Focus Pocus

Corey Y

Yeah, I've seen all the demo videos on both of them. Already have an analog delay, Tech 21 DLA Tap Tempo, which is super clean sounding for analog. I tend to use it for ambiance and somethings for oscillating effects on recording projects, but it doesn't really do the vintage dirty delay sound people seem to love. I've been thinking of picking up something with that dirtier sound, to compliment more dirty tones and a more raw sound. The Carbon Copy and the 616 seem to get the most attention online for that use within their price range. I know the Flashback is modeling, just wondering how it holds up with some of the more analog modeled sounds compared to the real thing. I think if I was going to go for a super clean digital delay sound I'd just stick with a Boss DD7 or something. Cheap, plentiful on the used market, gets the job done. Analog voiced digital delays seem to be all the rage now and actually starting to sound good, the Flashback seems like a powerhouse of features for the price in that market. Most of the nicer analog voiced digital delays are well over $200, it seems.

RAGER

I sometimes use a DD-3 just for a a little width in my sound but the Flashback has a dynamic function that might work for that.  Not so much delay for when you're riffing to keep clarity but the effect comes on in pauses which is kinda cool.
No Focus Pocus

themusketking

Bought this this week. In love with it. Had the pots cleaned and all the joints redone. $300 for 100 watts of pure love? I'll take it.

[attachment deleted by admin]
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

lordfinesse

Damn cuz. That looks sweet. I'm sure it sounds great.
Billy Squier 24/7

themusketking

Thanks! Finally sold my microsynth and this is the result.  :D

Pissy

But, I wanted the micro synth...  ;)
Vinyls.   deal.

themusketking

The Riffer

Good find musketking. I've been looking for one of those to appear locally for quite awhile.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

liquidsmoke

Picked up a '90s black knob Fender Dual Showman head today on impulse because the price was right. It's not light. The reverb sounds good. For a tube amp it has a fair amount of headroom and almost off the charts volume. Might take it back, not sure yet. Will experiment with it more tomorrow and a/b it with my other amps.

heytrid

picked up a Armstrong reissue, I got rid of the first one I had and regretted it.

Needed a small amp for upstairs so got this guy. Blues JR 3 FSR... First fender amp in a long time, works great for small practice amp.

themusketking

Quote from: The Riffer on February 15, 2014, 08:27:38 PM
Good find musketking. I've been looking for one of those to appear locally for quite awhile.

Thanks! Yea, as soon as I saw it, I knew there was no way I could pass it up. Especially at $300.  I'm taking it to band practice tonight so that my guitar player can use it/check it out(I'm bassist that really wants a guitar rig).  Cannot wait to hear it with his Gibson LP Custom and Musket Fuzz in front of it.

Mr. Foxen

jibberish

went up to GC to grab a 16ch Mackie 4-bus mixer for $300, which I got

glad I kept hesitating on grabbing a power amp.  of all places:crown x3000 for $250 at GC. 750w/ch fuckin a

then I made the mistake of playing with a 15w egnator tweaker head.  there are so many tones you can get out of this, so it came home too. $279

there is an orange tiny terror on craigslist for $375. I might grab it for my son's bday in april. he was wanting one of those.

dogfood

Quote from: jibberish on February 18, 2014, 04:39:37 PM
went up to GC to grab a 16ch Mackie 4-bus mixer for $300, which I got

glad I kept hesitating on grabbing a power amp.  of all places:crown x3000 for $250 at GC. 750w/ch fuckin a

then I made the mistake of playing with a 15w egnator tweaker head.  there are so many tones you can get out of this, so it came home too. $279

there is an orange tiny terror on craigslist for $375. I might grab it for my son's bday in april. he was wanting one of those.

Adopt me!  I would so fit into your family!  ;D
Problem solving whiskey!

mulekicker

I have the Tweaker 15 combo and Fuckin love it.  Definitely sounds best with the master pushed above 1 o'clock, really opens up. I love that you can roll power tubes without biasing, I've found that if you live on the Marshall setting el34's will obviously make it more Marshally. Fender=6l6, although they can be a tight fit. I play with every setting and I think sticking with the 6v6's does the best job of covering all the bases. Mine came with shitty Rubys so I swapped em out for jj's and put an old RCA in the v1 preamp slot. For the price, that amp is tons of fun. They named it the Tweaker for a reason, it's easy to fall down the rabbit hole with those things. TGP has a super long thread about em, you should check it out.

mutantcolors

I had a 5 watt Frenzel for years that I'll regret selling soon enough.

You get a little amp like that with a pre out, and an understanding of slave power, and 100+ watt tube monsters stop making sense. That Frenzel was ridiculous; if the tube pit the socket, it was good to go. Didn't even have a bias control. I have no idea how the guy engineered that but it was really unique and absolutely useful and fun. Really changed the amp when you got into power tubes.