Main Menu

The Jam Room Blog Thread.

Started by Discö Rice, November 14, 2012, 07:10:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pissy

Wow.  Hopefully not the case. 

That was the biggest reason I never considered renting out rehearsal space.  Eventually someone is going to live there, and the ultimate ending everyone is trying to avoid is a scenario like this.  

The last legit rehearsal place we rented began clean and non-sketchy, but it didn't take very long before 3 people at least were living there.  I knew who two of them were.  The third, I never knew that guy but saw him going back and forth to the women's bathroom with his towel.  Because obviously the women's bathroom was cleaner- there wasn't a regular cleaning service, but the water ran.  

There was a resident supervisor, but I guess he didn't care.  True story, Johnny Colt of the Black Crowes was an initial investor.  I met him one day when I went into the space for some reason on my lunch break.  Nice guy.  He eventually pulled out.  

Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

That really sucks to lose all that gear. Hopefully insurance can help.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

I'm off the gas for that vibe pedal. Since I'm not planning on starting up a Band of Gypsy's tribute project any time soon, I don't really need a $600 vibe pedal. I've found a workaround with my Multi Stomp vibe setting and my JHS phaser.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Well that's no fun. 

I've been ordering op-amp IC chips and diode kits to play around with in OD and distortion pedals.  I don't really know what I'm after in terms of sound, more interested in how things can be changed with clipping.  So in the past month or so I've acquired an old school Marshall Bluesbreaker and Guv'nor, an EHX English Muff'n, an ill operating DOD Yngwie OD (YJM1308) and a Fender MTG tube dist/boost.  Also have a Wampler Tumnus Deluxe on the way. 

The Guv'nor had a noise issue, but replacing the chip fixed it.  The DOD, I haven't had any luck getting it to work well.  Not sure what the deal is. 

Anyway I'm having fun playing with all of them, starting to breadboard some circuits without much success so far, but I'll get it.  
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Over $3,000 for groceries. Man this inflation shit is getting ridiculous.

No Focus Pocus

Pissy

There's a Moog store/mfg facility in Asheville I walked into one day.  It didn't take me long to realize I was way out of my element. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

Quote from: Pissy on July 01, 2024, 06:09:30 PMThere's a Moog store/mfg facility in Asheville I walked into one day.  It didn't take me long to realize I was way out of my element.

Up until recently that was Moogs main manufacturing facility. D always wanted to visit it since I have many Moog pieces.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Quote from: Muffin Man on July 01, 2024, 05:59:12 PMNice score!

I've actually had it a while (did not pay the crazy price but I think I did pay $500 but it's thee best analog delay ever imo) and yeah they go for $3k on the regs.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on July 01, 2024, 06:20:04 PM
Quote from: Muffin Man on July 01, 2024, 05:59:12 PMNice score!

I've actually had it a while (did not pay the crazy price but I think I did pay $500 but it's thee best analog delay ever imo) and yeah they go for $3k on the regs.

wow. I could use one but the Matriarch has a stereo one I can patch into/out of, but probably not the same.

Muffin Man

Quote from: RAGER on July 01, 2024, 06:16:53 PM
Quote from: Pissy on July 01, 2024, 06:09:30 PMThere's a Moog store/mfg facility in Asheville I walked into one day.  It didn't take me long to realize I was way out of my element.

Up until recently that was Moogs main manufacturing facility. D always wanted to visit it since I have many Moog pieces.

something about recent moves
https://www.elektronauts.com/t/moog-and-inmusic-announcement/195810/591
"Yeah that was in the Citizen Times article above.

Synthesizer maker Moog Music has said it will shift its product design, development and engineering staff from the current Broadway St. offices just north of downtown to the 1939 Art Deco building at 14 O. Henry Ave. ... Its first floor is now the home of record maker and cafe Citizen Vinyl."

Pissy

Ok, so whatever is in Weaverville (the legit factory I think) is not what I went to.   There was a showroom in Asheville proper. 
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

So I'm slightly gassing for a lap steel. This would be the Cadillac er DUESENBERG actually. I wouldn't be surprised if I pick up some sort of a lap steel soon. I'd have to work up to justifying this beauty. Definitely need the multi bender. There are some other brands of genders out there that can be installed on a Gretsch but I'd need a roller bridge and possibly locking tuners. By then I'm probably halfway to a DUESENBERG dammit.

Beautiful instrument

If on Instagram follow this guy if interested. @lukecyrus
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

Very nice.  Rondo sells a $240 six string you could get your feet wet.  Comes with legs so you can sit down and work it like a wannabe pedal steel.  

https://www.rondomusic.com/product6925.html
Vinyls.   deal.

RAGER

I'll probably look at some used stuff locally. I need to make sure it can be modified for the roller bridge and benders. I'll need a new volume pedal too. I think I have a couple amps that might work. Hehe.

Oh and did you notice the capo contraption?  Don't know if that's a new innovation or what but duh. Simple.
No Focus Pocus

Pissy

I saw the capo thing, and yes it seems too simple and necessary to have never seen anything like it.  I don't spend much time in that world though.   

That Peavey is a bargain at any price, really.  
Vinyls.   deal.

Muffin Man

See if they'll throw in a rattlesnake hat? and a tin of chew

Muffin Man

RAGER

Nah I'm good. Thanks though.
No Focus Pocus

RAGER

So I just bought a Rogue RLS-1 from Musicians Friend $112 for members. Cheapo but if Jason Lollar says they're a solid base for modifying then that's enough for me. If I spent more on a different brand it probably would come with upgraded hardware which I'm gonna change anyways.

Probably buy a Certano bridge and we'll see about the rest.
No Focus Pocus

Muffin Man

Neato. That's cool. I used to drop by his workshop from time to time (usually called first. neighbors down the street) before he was big/BIG.

RAGER

No Focus Pocus

RAGER

Lap steel will arrive tomorrow. I've got a couple sets of strings coming for C6 tuning. Following behind that are a couple Re-Lapz benders from C.B. Gitty. Don't think I can use the Certanos or Pitch switch on this guitar since there's not much room behind the bridge. May have to change to a roller nut. We'll see.
No Focus Pocus