Show us your electronic instrumentation yay

Started by jibberish, April 04, 2013, 01:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

jibberish

Quote from: Lumpy on May 11, 2013, 04:04:19 PM
Oooooh.

nice to see a newborn have all its fingers and toes right there. ya boy howdy. new gear smell= orgasmic. rub the sodium silicate pack all over your neck...wait...no don't, sry, got carried away there by that half undressed..WAIT! no!

clockwork green

I've had a Microkorg and a monotribe for awhile but I'm planning on getting something more serious for a new project. I'd like to go analog and probably the Moog Minitaur or Sub Phatty or the Arturia Minibrute. I'm planning on at least running some delay and reverb after it for added ambience.
"there's too many blanks in your analogies"

mortlock

I can confirm that the minibrute kicks ass. especially for noise music. I run mine through a dod death metal pedal.. 

clockwork green

I've been running it into some delay pedals and even an Echoplex but reverb alone seems to be where the magic is especially my Strymon BlueSky. I'd like to try some volume swells with it so I'm getting another volume pedal.

eyeprod

You may be able to automate volume swells using the lfo. On  the minibrute you can switch it to gate input and then each note sustains forever. Set the lfo to control the filter and amplitude and you've got automatic  filter sweeps. I imagine that the moog can do something similar
CV - Slender Fungus

jibberish

your ASDR envelope can make infinite notes by turning the release all the way off = no release. then use the pedal on the output to throttle the volume

for volume swells based on keypresses, you can use the envelope to set up the rise and fall. long attack, long decay or if you need to let off and do something else, set a long release to cover the decay.

for long auto swells, assign the oscillator volume to the lfo and set the lfo freq to desired swell rate, maybe set long attack for first swell then no decay, full sustain for max volume range as the LFo works the volume within its full range.  set release off to make it go forever.

that moog is layed out nice and old school. I like it.

clockwork green

So many words I really don't understand  ???  ;D

jibberish

heh, ok. maybe I explain just a few things.

synth=primary oscillator(puts out some waveform at some frequency like you choose sine or triangle etc)

a plain oscillator is boring so then you process it through "filters" and apply modifications to get the thing sounding interesting

the main thing almost all synths have is an "ADSR" filter Attack, decay, sustain, release, and usually there is a little diagram showing how attack lets volume ramp up over time or go full on instantly, decay is how the note drops while holding it. sustain is similar to decay as it effects during note press. it is sort of your max volume that the attack builds up to. release is what happens after you let off the note.

LFO=low frequency oscillator. this low frequency is applied as a control voltage so something can be changed sinusoidally.

the different synths lay out their filtering differently, but you should be able to assign LFo influence to volume, tone, pitch, and whatever else, filter effect rates, sample&hold rates etc etc

so I explained several ways to get the volume to go up and down depending upon your performance requirements

an external ADSR example:
you could get attack delay guitar sound by running thru a mini-brute and set ASDR attack to something longer than instant(zero attack time), then keep sustain full and decay zero so the absolute volumes don't get "effected" by the synth. the guitar replaces the primary oscillator as the sound source for the filtering.