Is it important to you to be friends with the other people in your band?

Started by bbottom, October 31, 2013, 02:51:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mutantcolors

I cannot fathom spending any appreciable time with people I don't like to the degree I'd be friends with, so the rest sorts itself out real quick. When I don't have band-worthy friends around (i.e. away at college) I do solo work. Gotta create, but not necessarily with other people and definitely not with people I don't like enough to be friends with.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: Metal and Beer on March 09, 2014, 04:35:24 PM
I need to be friends with 'em, but don't need to hang away from band activities really at all (some stuff would be fun obviously, big shows and whatnot).
I quit Seahag recently because these cats quit being my friends for some reason over the last couple months, which made practice awkward and unpleasant for me. I get that professional situations would require a different set of parameters in that regard...

/bumpblog in w/ opinion  ;)

Whoa that sucks.

mortlock

they can be a source of frustration, but they can be rewarding as well. its like any relationship.

Lumpy

Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mortlock

MichaelZodiac

With my current band, I was so-so friends with the dudes before but because we all felt like doing something together (read: our previous bands sucked), we now are friends. It can work both ways. It's kinda fun to see that.
"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

JemDooM

That sucks beery! You must be destined down another path of heaviness!
DooM!

Metal and Beer

I like to think so Jumz \m/   (That bridge may not be burnt completely quite yet, despite my best accelerant at the time, haha)

"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Jake

Effin bummer, man. Did you make them look short and un-metal-y or something?
poop.

RacerX

Yeah, I missed that, too. Bummer fer shure.

I hope you boys can reconcile, but if not, you have my wishes for the best of luck with future musical endeavors, M&B.
Livin' The Life.

Metal and Beer

Thanks fellas....yeah I made 'em look totally unmetal and short (and short ! ;)) but you'd think they'd know better by NOW  ;)

(It was totally me. I fuckin' hate learning life lessons the hard way but in their defense I really learn 'em deep...)
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

Ranbat

In my band from the 90s, we all hung out even when we weren't jamming. We went to shows and just hung out. I am still friends with all of them. We still hang out on occasion, but are lives are all different now, so no one's pushing for a reunion except for a handful of fans.
In my current band, I'm the odd man out. I just dropped in as the bass player. The other members have a long history together as a band and from playing the same scene. I just decided to do something completely different than what I have always done so here I am. I don't think we're friends in the sense that we'll all be hanging out if the band breaks up or I leave.
Meh :/