OR120 and Original Model T

Started by morgantician, July 15, 2013, 07:54:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

taylo)))r

Quote from: Slugfuct on July 18, 2013, 01:16:56 PM
Quote from: Lip on July 17, 2013, 08:04:38 PM
My YBA 1A sounds great for bass. Not a ton of power - Slugfuct runs stereo ybas

Indeed, and I love the fuck out of running two of them (both with KT88's which ups the output to 90 watts+)

I also had an original Model T a ways back that I thought it was great for bass but couldn't really get what I wanted out of it for guitar and ended up selling it, different strokes for different folks I guess. It was a great amp though and if i was in the band I'm in now back then, i wouldn't have ever gotten rid of it, damned if you do damned if you don't!

Are you part of the whole trade I am involved in with Lip?
(insert interesting quote)

Slugfuct

That would be me good sir! Totally stoked man, always a big fan of the BSOK material as well.
I'm gonna ravage your cabbage with my sauerkraut habits

taylo)))r

Quote from: Slugfuct on July 18, 2013, 01:24:55 PM
That would be me good sir! Totally stoked man, always a big fan of the BSOK material as well.

Cool. Stoked the amp is going to a good home.
(insert interesting quote)

Slugfuct

Yeah man, she'll be in good hands and get lots of love. Most likely I will be using the OR for guitar and bass as I play in two bands so it really works out perfect.
I'm gonna ravage your cabbage with my sauerkraut habits

morgantician

Taylor, I'm thinking about pulling the trigger too.  Maybe trying to sell the head and Orange cab as a set.  But, instead of going for the T, I think I might go back to using cheaper stuff.  Not that I was afraid of hammering on the Orange, but in general I hate babying gear.  I need to get another Butcher.

Jake

Where you located, morgantician? There's a Butcher that keeps popping up on CL here for $150 (no tubes).
poop.

Lip

does the seller give any description of the other internal components Jake?

I would love to go out there...haha - just to eat at that Firefly place again.. place was the friggin bomb. Take home the Butcher as a carry on - heehee
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

morgantician

Quote from: Jake on July 18, 2013, 10:01:57 PM
Where you located, morgantician? There's a Butcher that keeps popping up on CL here for $150 (no tubes).

I'm in Minneapolis. Just moved here last year and figured with a semi legendary music scene there's be a good amp market, but its surprisingly dry. Or everyone's hoarding.

Jake

Quote from: Lip on July 19, 2013, 12:31:51 AM
does the seller give any description of the other internal components Jake?

I would love to go out there...haha - just to eat at that Firefly place again.. place was the friggin bomb. Take home the Butcher as a carry on - heehee

Ahh yes, the Firefly. Good eats. But they kicked me out if the desert, so I'm in Denver now.
poop.

Lip

Quote from: Jake on July 19, 2013, 10:42:50 AM

Ahh yes, the Firefly. Good eats. But they kicked me out if the desert, so I'm in Denver now.

Air was dry as hell anyhow - I hear Denver rocks
Last night I heard the ghetto bird circle.... as I was eatin' fish.... and watchin' Erkel...

nightterrors

To me, that's so far from being fair.
OR120's slay.

Instant Dan

I'd stick with the OR120. I have not heard many guys, outside of Wino, get a great guitar tone with the model T. I do like them with bass.

I would kill for an Orange OD80 or OTR80.

dogfood

Wish I weren't in Dallas but back in Denver.  Man, I miss Colorado... :'(
Problem solving whiskey!