I just ate a vegan reuben...

Started by Ryno, January 09, 2014, 11:57:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JemDooM

You're right MJS, whereas American food is literally THIS good!

DooM!

JemDooM

mort I had some vegan haggis at the weekend, deep fried in beer batter, dipped in hot sauce, pure heaven!
DooM!

mortlock

Quote from: JemDooM on February 20, 2014, 01:35:23 PM
mort I had some vegan haggis at the weekend, deep fried in beer batter, dipped in hot sauce, pure heaven!
i have a good friend i work with who is originally from scotland. he visited not too long ago and brought me back a can of haggis. i seriously need to know what to do with this. do i just fry it up in a pan and maybe have some eggs with it. how does one properly eat haggis.??
i asked him and he said to have it with pretty much anything i wanted. im thinking eggs and hot sauce.
please advise.. 

JemDooM

Traditionally you'd make 'haggis neeps and tatties' which is the haggis served up with mash potatoes and mash turnip, but now I'd definetly say roll it up into balls, batter and deep fry, dip in hot sauce! But now you've brought eggs into it hmmmm I like your thinking, next time I have haggis I'll fry it up in a pan and throw some eggs and hot sauce in. You could make haggis scotch eggs, do you guys have scotch eggs over there? You know, a boiled egg surrounded by a ball of meat coated in breadcrumbs? You can get veggie scotch eggs too they are damn good!
DooM!

BrianDamage

By hot sauce do you mean like tabasco style or do you guys have your own style of hot sauce?
"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003

RAGER

I have about 2 scotch eggs a year.  Dems good shits.  Jemz, if you don;t have any proper hot sauce I could send you a few different varieties if you like.  I usually have about 10 on hand :D
No Focus Pocus

MadJohnShaft

I'm gearing up to make scotch eggs one of these days.
Some days chickens, some days feathers

JemDooM

I don't think we have our own style of hot sauce, I'm ashamed to say Iv only just discovered this wonder!! I tried it for the first time at Hairyneils last weekend, this was the stuff, which I'm guessing is probably not right up there with the connoisseurs! Hell yes though! Rager that'd be awesome but that is a lot to ask, maybe there are some hot sauces over here you haven't tried! I could really use some advice as to which kinds there are and what to do with them, gonna drool over the hot sauce thread!

DooM!

black

Flying Goose Brand?

What, no Cock Sauce over there?

At Least I Don't Have The Clap.

deleted account

(not to be confused with bolt's beverage of choice)

RAGER

Sriracha is huge state side but that's obviously of Asian origin.  There are a ton of Mexican type hot sauces with different varieties of peppers.  Then there's the Belizean and Carribean types that I enjoy too.
No Focus Pocus

RacerX

Texas Pete's hot sauce is the shit.

You can tell it's good because it's made in North Carolina.
Livin' The Life.

mortlock

nothing good comes from the bible belt..

BrianDamage

"My son Jack just got out of rehab, he's 17 years old and he got hooked on Oxycontin and I'm just a little pissed off that he never gave me a few."

Ozzy Osbourne - 2003