Favorite Judas Priest records

Started by Mr. Blue, March 01, 2011, 12:29:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damocles74

I inherited my older brothers Hero Hero vinyl..I never looked back.
Redditor Lucis Aeternae

Naxzul

I've been listening to a shitload of Defenders of the Faith lately. Fucking sick album!
http://deadriverrunsdry.bandcamp.com/
www.facebook.com/DeadRiverRunsDry

Doommantia

Stained Class
Sad Wings
Sin after Sin

After those three, don't think much of the rest. A few good tunes here and there but that's about it.

vinyldinosaurus

Depends on my mood really. I love all the 70s stuff and most of the 80s. If I had to pick a couple I'd go with Hell Bent For Leather and Point Of Entry.

core9

Unleashed In The East
Screaming For Vengeance

gritty_fingers

Wow. There is a lot of love for Sad Wings of Destiny. That's cool. I would have picked that one as my favorite and Stained Class as a close second.
"Ginger People"

gnombient

Stained Class and Sin After Sin are my favorites, with Painkiller a distant third.  Unleashed in the East is great for the live version of "Victim of Changes."

jibberish

painkiller #1

then the older stuff like point of entry, stained class, but not rocka rolla, sad wings is pretty good

Allenswrench

Rocka Rolla by about 30 miles.

Mostly because it's got their best tune, Cheater. And because it was before they got full on Spinal Tap.

and Rocka Rolla:

StonedToLive

British Steel and Painkiller. The first is the manifesto of '80 heavy music, the second is the manifesto of '90 heavy music.

themusketking

1. Defenders Of the Faith
2. Screamin For Vengeance
3. Painkiller
4. British Steel

etc. etc. I fucking love Judas Priest.
Something heady, stupid, and prophetic here.

The Gentlemen Bastards

Defenders of the Faith might be one of the most perfect album sides in metal. As a whole, it starts to slip after "Love Bites." But, those first four tracks are so good, it doesn't matter.

Stained Class is extremely underrated, imho.

BastardCthulhu

Love Defenders...I listen to that one most of all, and I've heard Painkiller so many times I can't stand it anymore.  But, those are my faves.

Harry Manback

Defenders always seems to hit the spot for me

Dr. Skeeter

Stained Class is so fucking good though.....

Muffin Man

This new Firebreather is kicking massive boo-tay.

jmucke

I still remember when the clerk of my favorite record-store played Stained Class back in 78 and I bought it straight off the turntable (he only had one copy) after a couple of songs. That was one of the defining moments of my teenage years - at least music-wise. So my vote goes to that album.

Lumpy

Listened to "Live: Unleashed in the East" again recently. A few songs seem like filler now, but a couple remain favorites (the live version of "The Ripper" is one of my all-time favorite JP tracks, if not the #1 favorite).

I was surprised to notice a kind of obvious studio edit during "Victim of Changes" and it's weird that I've never noticed it before, because it really jumped out this last time.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

JLKOWAL

NOSTRADAMUS is the only JP disc I do not own and I have no interest in doing so. As for the ones I prefer the most:

SAD WINGS, BRITISH STEEL, SCREAMING!!!

All of their albums have some strong songs and of course some filler.