Trouble-Psalm 9

Started by Dr. Skeeter, May 04, 2014, 05:22:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr. Skeeter

Is there not an appreciation thread for this yet?

Ultimate mix of doom/judas priest worship with just a touch of psychedelic religious hippyness. Only Trouble can pull that shit off. Great album.

RacerX

Killer album. I like some of the songs on the Def American debut better (Psychotic Reaction, The Wolf, Black Shapes of Doom), but Psalm 9 is strong start to finish.
Livin' The Life.

MikeyT

Killer band... I like 'em better live, but I appreciate their records.
'Seven doctors couldn't help my head,
They said, "You better quit, son, before you're dead".'

Dunedin

Yeah, you can hear the British influence on stuff like Assassin, but The Tempter is a proper master class in True Doom. The killer tone, the twin guitars, the mid paced chugging riffs; it's all there in abundance.
Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

GeeZa

Quote from: RacerX on May 04, 2014, 01:17:09 PM
Killer album. I like some of the songs on the Def American debut better (Psychotic Reaction, The Wolf, Black Shapes of Doom), but Psalm 9 is strong start to finish.

Trouble are to me the quintessential (yes I said that) American Doom band. There's something about their sound that just works for me, I probably prefer them to Pentagram, Vitus, all those tbh. The self-titled is solid gold all the way through and any Doom fan worth their salt has to have Psalm 9 in their collection. Fab record.

The Shocker

I wish those early albums were recorded better..

sleestak

I have a rerelease I stole off of the internet that sounds pretty good.  (How many times can I actually be expected to buy a single album, ya dig?)
Killing threads is my business and business is good.

The Shocker

I don't want to think about how many versions of Captain Beyond I've bought.