Livin' The Life.

Dunedin

Lemur Demands Back Scratches!

RacerX

Quote from: Dunedin on May 21, 2014, 03:24:13 PM
Quote from: RacerX on May 15, 2014, 04:31:33 PM
I'll probably swedish it later.

He's here all week folks!  ;D

He's absolutely correct, and don't order the veal!!
Livin' The Life.

ThisHairyGuy

I have em' all but haven't started reading them yet. I am intimidated by long reads haha. I read at like 150wpm :-(
it was to this planet that unattended ballpoints would make their way, slipping away quietly through wormholes in space to a world where they could enjoy a uniquely ballpointoid lifestyle, responding to highly ballpoint-oriented stimuli and generally leading the ballpoint equivalent of the good life

giantchris

I stopped reading at book 9 and wanted to wait til the series was done because its so damn long I feel like I need to re-read the whole thing when a new book came out so I didn't miss anything.  Now that it's done I find myself not wanting to devote such a gigantic length of time towards finishing.  I read faster then ever now but thats a pretty epic volume length I'd imagine it would take at least 5-6 months to finish the whole thing again.  That and I recall book 8 being awful. 

renfield

I read this whole series. Fourteen fucking books. Dogshit, for the most part.

Dylan Thomas

Awesome.  So does this mean that the Amazon series is going to just up and completely shit the bed at some point?
The fact that I kept setting my own boats on fire was considered charming.

renfield

The books are so weird, man.

There are some cool world building elements. The world is a matriarchy, because the way magic works is that magic has a female and male half, and the male half was tainted in some sort of calamity, so female mages are able to wield and assert power while any male channeler just goes insane.

The main character is a young man destined to cleanse the male half. In the process, he accumulates a harem of four wives among other shenanigans. Kinda curious how they're gonna handle that on the show!