Main Menu

More Love for Peavey!

Started by spookstrickland, June 01, 2014, 08:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RacerX

POW!!

I probably won't listen to some EDM through a Peavey later.
Livin' The Life.

liquidsmoke

Eagles of the Stoned Age > Paul Ryan

RacerX

Shit, dude, way to set the bar low.

The freaking Eagles > Paul Ryan.
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Are the Eagles of Death Metal actually Death metal?
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Quote from: SunnO))) on June 03, 2014, 01:04:10 PM
Are the Eagles of Death Metal actually Death metal?

Let me answer that with another question: Do you seriously think that would that be ironic enough for Josh?
Livin' The Life.

VOLVO)))

Who is Josh?

What the fuck are... I hate the Eagles, but love death metal
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

RacerX

Livin' The Life.

MichaelZodiac

I saw Eagles of Death Metal live -didn't pay for it because you know, biased- and it rocked. Like full on with girls on the stage stepping on pedals and the band taking it all in with a big smile. I think it's called showmanship? Look it up. Also, no Ginger Elvis in sight but Joey Castillo on drums.

Whatever, PEAVEY FUCKING POWER!! I'm gonna buy this.

"To fully experience music is to experience the true inner self of a human being" -Pøde Jamick

Nolan

bbottom

I have an old Peavey T40 that I inherited from my Grandfather. The thing sounds, plays, and looks pretty rad. The biggest drawback to it is that it weighs like 20 pounds.

I think that the neck on it is a bit warped though. And everytime I come across one, they want almost as much for it as the bass is worth.

liquidsmoke

Quote from: bbottom on June 03, 2014, 10:01:52 PM
I have an old Peavey T40 that I inherited from my Grandfather. The thing sounds, plays, and looks pretty rad. The biggest drawback to it is that it weighs like 20 pounds.

I think that the neck on it is a bit warped though. And everytime I come across one, they want almost as much for it as the bass is worth.

http://www.warpedneck.com can probably help. They got my Scroll neck about as straight as was possible.

juan11

Those EoDM guys are fucking old.
srl = advancing our core selves in the spirit to be best

jibberish

if it makes you feel better, i'm too clueless to even choose what kind of mud to sling in this thread.

spookstrickland

Quote from: MichaelZodiac on June 03, 2014, 03:06:48 PM
I saw Eagles of Death Metal live -didn't pay for it because you know, biased- and it rocked. Like full on with girls on the stage stepping on pedals and the band taking it all in with a big smile. I think it's called showmanship? Look it up. Also, no Ginger Elvis in sight but Joey Castillo on drums.

Whatever, PEAVEY FUCKING POWER!! I'm gonna buy this.

man I have a hardon for those tall pa cabs as well.  very cool!
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

mortlock

Quote from: bbottom on June 03, 2014, 10:01:52 PM

I had one in the late 80s. it was a beast. no wonder why I have back problems today. the neck was fucked. it bowed pretty bad and it had a crack in the neck by the e string tuning peg. it was my first electric bass. I didn't have it long, just long enough to do some damage. I sold it to a friend with full disclosure of all the issues and got my fender.

liquidsmoke

I don't know about the speakers but they say these are ply  http://www.zzounds.com/item--PEVHEADLINER410

The Riffer

My pair of big ole Peaveys.

Being the glutton for punishment that I am.....
I bought the VTM60 already modded, in the process of returning that to stock. Either I'll finish it when time permits, or I may sell it off to make room for something else. I have my modified Marshall sounds covered with a Soldano Avenger.
I bought the Butcher stock, and did a handful of modifications to it, and its a badass now. Sounds three times  its cost.
BLACK ARTS TONEWORKS
Black Arts Instagram
Black Arts FB
New Horizons, Talkin' 'bout
a True, Defiant, Alliance

mutantcolors

It sounds like a hundred bucks!?

;D

RAGER

Quote from: mutantcolors on June 09, 2014, 02:02:18 PM
Peavey..........It sounds like a hundred bucks!?

;D

Fixed it for ya.
No Focus Pocus

spookstrickland

Quote from: RAGER on June 09, 2014, 07:54:18 PM
Quote from: mutantcolors on June 09, 2014, 02:02:18 PM
Peavey..........It sounds like a hundred bucks!?

;D

Fixed it for ya.

Peavey 100 bucks that sounds like 1000 bucks!  is more like it.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Pissy

Spook, you can find those tall PA cabs pretty easy. I got a couple of Traynors for free(empty) and I never loaded them. 8 speakers is a tough pill to swallow on those things. Sold them for $35 ultimately. Not in high demand really.
Vinyls.   deal.

Metal and Beer

I like all those metal-stripe-up the-sides cabs, they earned mi respeto after seeing/hearing their abuse potential over the years,and seeing their shin-bloodying capabilities only added to the allure <3
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

spookstrickland

Quote from: Pissy on June 11, 2014, 06:38:29 PM
Spook, you can find those tall PA cabs pretty easy. I got a couple of Traynors for free(empty) and I never loaded them. 8 speakers is a tough pill to swallow on those things. Sold them for $35 ultimately. Not in high demand really.

When I get out of this apartment and have some more room I'm going to grab a couple of them.  always liked them.  Like you said though putting speakers in them at 8x per cab...OUCH!
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org

Danny G

Had a Peavy T-160 (I think?) SS that actually sounded pretty good, nice distortion channel on it, no mid range knob but lots of natural mids.

Also acquired a Classic 50 head that I later sold, stupidly thinking it was inferior to the T160.

An old band mate has a VTM120 that I loved.

I also have a CS-800 PA power amp that I'm real curious to throw a preamp in front of to see what it sounds like as a bass amp.

Sent from a can on some string using Tapatalk
The less you have, the less there is to separate you from the music -- Henry Rollins

http://dannygrocks.com
http://dannygrocks.blogspot.com