Black Arts Pharaoh Supreme Fuzz Pedal: Will u get one? green with envy

Started by everdrone, June 28, 2014, 10:08:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

everdrone

VOLVO)))

"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

jibberish

no, I would never get one of those. r u crazy?

just kidding, get one.
here is a quick demo using some extreme setting and an lp studio. this is near the "distortion pedal sound" end of things. but notice it is both sensitive to attack and pitch and almost no background garbage even tho I had several settings dimed for the effect. ie ez2 control from your playing without messing with knobs.
[soundcloud]http://soundcloud.com/doktordeath/pstest1[/soundcloud]

also mark is a total pro to deal with when you do finally get one.

edit: after watching that review video, it is kind of reassuring that the reviewer ended up using dimed settings and some like completely off for some of his favorite sounds. this is where I ended up a lot, then one knob has a slight "dial in or out effect". but it changes depending on what is turned way up.  also, you cant hear any background shit in his video either.  this is very cool about the pharaoh, it isn't noisy. even the MT-2 adds a lot of noise when the distortion is turned up.

Instant Dan

jibberish

everdrone, here is the original thread when I looked into getting one.  I think they weren't even released yet when I started the thread.
a lot of questions got answered in there, if you are interested.

http://stonerrocklives.com/forum/index.php?topic=10756.0

everdrone

jibberish

more pharaoh supreme demos.  this shows the versatility of our little green friend.
this is direct-in btw, so no tube amps to help.
guitar is the ultra swede with bridge pickup, humbucker mode(not tapped). the pharaoh supreme is set on the patented doktor death strangulation setting(heh)
this would be all little knobs full right, all big knobs full left(ok have to back the gain off some probably) this is strangled/and controllably nasty, yet cleans up in high registers, almost like a giant low pass distortion filter from the clipper..but idk
the bass. this was done on my korg keyboard run through the pharaoh supreme to soften it. now this is where the clipping is turned off[far right], and all the "heat" knobs up top get backed off into the lower middle.(still adjust gain to suit). the big knobs get dialed in a bit to suit also, so this took the tweaking of the 4 magic knobs to get "just" the fuzzy I wanted. it exceeded expectations. I am very pleased with that DI keyboard fuzz tone.

I had to shelve the bottom end of the guitar with a parametric eq in reaper to let the yummy part of the bass through. the harmonics off of power chord stuff is crazy with the guitar. can't get enough, but it buried the bass fuzz. so I pushed them apart a bit in the stereo field and thinned out the guitar, and it worked.
I made the drums soft-ish to help it be fuzz rock. (no comments on my drum fake skills pls, they are weak, but it carries the tune)

I am exploring all kinds of uses for this thing. i'll post more examples if I hit something else neat along the way.

[soundcloud]https://soundcloud.com/doktordeath/colourhazemtripoffjam104[/soundcloud]

eyeprod

sounds like a big muff, which I assume it is a modified version of. I love my muff, but it is kind of a one trick pedal. It's a really good trick, but there's not much you can do to alter the basic tone. That's a lot of dough for that pedal.
CV - Slender Fungus