Am I the only one NOT excited about the new Star Wars movie?

Started by gritty_fingers, July 23, 2014, 08:11:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jor el

I don't care for Lumpy's attitude.
I don't think he deserves to watch them.

What Would Scooby Do ?

Lumpy

My attitude about Star Wars admittedly sucks. I was in high school when it came out, and the other nerds were jizzing over it. Seemed like just another Horse Opera, but set in outer space.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

socket

My wife hasn't seen any of them. Grounds for divorce?

Nah, I get it. I typically don't see movies with that much hype. They are, 9 times out of 10, fucking terrible.

Star Wars is admittedly obnoxiously popular. I only really like the first 2 movies.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Jor el

What Would Scooby Do ?

mortlock

the star wars movies are where they are because they came out in 1977 and at that time there was nothing close to how cool it was. it was like star trek on fucking steroids. thats all lost on newer generations.

CanookieWookie

Quote from: mortlock on September 16, 2015, 12:02:26 AM
the star wars movies are where they are because they came out in 1977 and at that time there was nothing close to how cool it was. it was like star trek on fucking steroids. thats all lost on newer generations.

No way.  Kids are quite aware of Star Wars.  I wouldn't be surprised if it makes more money than any Star Wars movie before it.

Jor el

Yep

The kids that were in my way at Toys R Us knew all the new character names and shit.

It's gonna make insane money.

What Would Scooby Do ?

mortlock

Quote from: CanookieWookie on September 16, 2015, 02:14:23 PM

No way.  Kids are quite aware of Star Wars.  I wouldn't be surprised if it makes more money than any Star Wars movie before it.
i never said the kids weren't aware of it. i said they couldnt relate to it since they weren't there in 1977.

CanookieWookie

Quote from: mortlock on September 18, 2015, 01:41:44 AM
Quote from: CanookieWookie on September 16, 2015, 02:14:23 PM

i never said the kids weren't aware of it. i said they couldnt relate to it since they weren't there in 1977.

They don't necessarily have to relate to the original ones, to appreciate the new ones coming out.   Although I would suspect that most if not all of the kids going to see it, have seen the original ones.

jmucke

I am excited enough to look forward to a BD-Rip on the warez-site of my choice.

amadkins

Feeling a little better about this now that I've got the theatrical HD versions of the original trilogy (harmy's despecialized).  Still torques my crank that I had to burn an afternoon on the project tho.

sleestak

Killing threads is my business and business is good.