Main Menu

Guitar Strap Shoulder!

Started by spookstrickland, August 28, 2014, 03:11:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jibberish

windmills are like oblique toe touches which is just bending over straight ahead knees not locked. don't bounce so you don't rip anything.
so I do both to get that entire band of muscles. having that bend over strength is so nice for the lower back.

I stretch like crazy every day, especially work my shoulders in every possible direction from when I separated it almost 2 yrs ago. I have 100% motion back from being diligent and not slacking for any reason all this time. I was so scared for months like was I going to be gimped out heh. fuck me running.

ok here is one example, I do mine more straight leg like opposite toe touches, but still never with knees locked.

also, when I start a new exercise, I try a few until I start feeling warmed up or they are getting some difficulty. i'll just do a couple every day for a week just to get myself used to the motion and sort of ready to hit it. then every week add to the total and do that amount for the week. you can sneak up to phenomenal quantities by putting in the time and diligence.

it truly is amazing what just a couple of 2-3 minute rounds of something here and there, but every day can do. i'm falling apart so i'm fighting for real.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been meditating on why old people are so fucked up and fucking delicate. when an old person loses their balance they go down like they were headshot then shatter like a dropped tray of wine glasses. FUCK THAT NOISE

1)they lost leg strength, instead of doing extra to keep springy they only do enough to walk.  old people don't jump anymore.
2)balance is shit. old people don't walk on curbs and do little kid balancing stuff anymore. leg strength helps in addition to just still practicing
3)cant shit, chest caving in , guts pouring out, back wasted, hernias.   couldn't do a situp to save their life, core is gone GONE
4)cant fall like a little kid. no overall flexibility and muscle tone.
5)vulture necks from hunched over a desk all day, slouched in the car, slouched in the chair. repeat next and every day.  they dont stretch.

scary as hell folks. if you need further encouragement, seriously speak with racerx. that's all i got. i am fucking scared and that motivates me, word.

everdrone

I like Jibberish's approach.

Here is the book "Five minutes to a pain free life":  http://www.amazon.com/Minutes-Pain-Free-Life-Groundbreaking-Prevention/dp/0743476476

It worked for me.  I read the whole thing.  I do it like every other day, I should go for every day though. I recommend this book and loaned the book to others but they never seem to read or buy it.

regardless, like jibberish said, stretch, then work out, then stretch after your workout.  dont do pulling exercises that are bad on your fingers, more cardio is better.  yoga and swimming get you some strenght.  most strength is from playing guitar regularly and slowly increasing the amount you play every day.  I have won some battles using this knowledge and other info, but ya I still have some issues so its not like I feel like I am the ultimate guru on musician strength or anything.

Metal and Beer

Fuck, just take a goddamned Advil if you* can't figure out how to minimize the weight of your shitaxe, GOD!!   <----use the Napolean Dynamite whine there at the end.

Use a clothesline rope...NO, kite string.....NO!!  Fishing line !!!!!!! 

YES!

* Not any "you" in partic-you-lar
"Would it kill you fellas to play some Foghat?"

RacerX

^
Word.

I use magnets.

How the fuck do they work? Don't ask me.
Livin' The Life.

everdrone

what magnets do you use?  Therapeutic magnets?  if so, what strength magnet do you use and where? 

I will admit, I sleep with magnet gloves on: http://www.amazon.com/Meridian-Soothing-Magnet-Therapy-Gloves/dp/B004ZHP6QW    and they work well!  I sleep with a tennis elbow magnet brace on too. Beer and Metal is gonna love this one, hope it doesn't cook his noodle  ;D 

RacerX

HYDROZEEN REFRIGITATOR MAGNENTS.
Livin' The Life.

everdrone

I have to daringly now ask where you put the magnets  ;D ;D

RacerX

It's pretty straightforward—just swallow a stack & duct tape a stack to the back of the guitar body.

Look ma, no hands!!
Livin' The Life.

Metal and Beer

You ever fishline you a mamganent down.......you know, THERE ?

;D

RacerX

Nope, but I do keep a spare geeter stuck to me butthole via the same technology.
Livin' The Life.

jibberish

Quote from: RacerX on September 23, 2014, 05:47:39 PM
I will always laugh my ass off at this. I almost pulled the trigger and ordered some once upon a time..still may. I would love to have one on the fridge. it would cheer me up every day

I wonder if anyone makes a corset of a thousand wraps of fine copper wire.  then when you come onto stage, you can just plug in , step on a pedal and your guitar full of magnets leaps off the stand..ka-chunk..you are ready to rock.    fuck everyone's watches and phones in the first 3 rows

liquidsmoke

Okay so you tie fishing line on to a magnet and an oxy and drop them spelunker down into your butthole, got it.

Quote from: jibberish on September 23, 2014, 02:09:49 PM
windmills are like oblique toe touches which is just bending over straight ahead knees not locked. don't bounce so you don't rip anything.
so I do both to get that entire band of muscles. having that bend over strength is so nice for the lower back.

I stretch like crazy every day, especially work my shoulders in every possible direction from when I separated it almost 2 yrs ago. I have 100% motion back from being diligent and not slacking for any reason all this time. I was so scared for months like was I going to be gimped out heh. fuck me running.

ok here is one example, I do mine more straight leg like opposite toe touches, but still never with knees locked.

also, when I start a new exercise, I try a few until I start feeling warmed up or they are getting some difficulty. i'll just do a couple every day for a week just to get myself used to the motion and sort of ready to hit it. then every week add to the total and do that amount for the week. you can sneak up to phenomenal quantities by putting in the time and diligence.

it truly is amazing what just a couple of 2-3 minute rounds of something here and there, but every day can do. i'm falling apart so i'm fighting for real.

Will try, thanks for the vid.

Quote from: jibberish on September 23, 2014, 02:09:49 PM
I have been meditating on why old people are so fucked up and fucking delicate. when an old person loses their balance they go down like they were headshot then shatter like a dropped tray of wine glasses. FUCK THAT NOISE

1)they lost leg strength, instead of doing extra to keep springy they only do enough to walk.  old people don't jump anymore.
2)balance is shit. old people don't walk on curbs and do little kid balancing stuff anymore. leg strength helps in addition to just still practicing
3)cant shit, chest caving in , guts pouring out, back wasted, hernias.   couldn't do a situp to save their life, core is gone GONE
4)cant fall like a little kid. no overall flexibility and muscle tone.
5)vulture necks from hunched over a desk all day, slouched in the car, slouched in the chair. repeat next and every day.  they dont stretch.

scary as hell folks. if you need further encouragement, seriously speak with racerx. that's all i got. i am fucking scared and that motivates me, word.

I agree, it is scary. There are people younger than me in major pain that should have been avoidable. I've told myself I'm going to have a strong core into my 90s if I live that long but I know that the longer I wait the harder it will be to get going.

everdrone

here is where I got my magnets in case yall needz one or two ;) http://www.therionmagnetics.com/

Metal and Beer

Quote from: liquidsmoke on September 23, 2014, 11:16:32 PM
Okay so you tie fishing line on to a magnet and an oxy and drop them spelunker down into your butthole, got it.

haha

spookstrickland

Quote from: jibberish on September 23, 2014, 09:00:11 PM
Quote from: RacerX on September 23, 2014, 05:47:39 PM
I will always laugh my ass off at this. I almost pulled the trigger and ordered some once upon a time..still may. I would love to have one on the fridge. it would cheer me up every day

I wonder if anyone makes a corset of a thousand wraps of fine copper wire.  then when you come onto stage, you can just plug in , step on a pedal and your guitar full of magnets leaps off the stand..ka-chunk..you are ready to rock.    fuck everyone's watches and phones in the first 3 rows

got one on my fridge right now ;D
I'm beginning to think God was an Astronaut.
www.spookstrickland.com
www.tombstoner.org