Main Menu

Ideas for record store show

Started by bbottom, September 08, 2014, 10:17:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bbottom

So Mass Driver has a show next month at a record store. The show is on a Saturday afternoon around 2pm.

Do you guys have any ideas on how I should promote/get people out to this show? I have a few ideas but I'm always looking for others.

https://www.facebook.com/massdriverband

jibberish

maybe add a tiny charity factor/public service factor so the local radio station talks about it without charging you for advertising

like high school band uniforms or something to donate proceeds to that has a small army of promoters. hs band directors love music.

Jake

Saturday afternoon is prime grilling time. Bring a hibachi, get a couple of Costco-sized packs of hot dogs & buns, and grill up some free dogs for peeps.

Flyer: Mass Driver wants to put some wieners in your mouth.
poop.

VOLVO)))

Mass Driver meats fans before show
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

tombhex

Flyers on nearby college (community or otherwise) campus and plugs on the local college radio stations seem to really push record store shows well, considering lots of college kids are really into vinyl lately.

AgentofOblivion

I'm an old guy that doesn't like going out until 1 am and would love going to a show in the afternoon on a weekend day, especially one I wouldn't feel bad about leaving after a little while.  Maybe try to advertise/appeal to the 25+ crowd that are more likely to go to the record store than a show.  I'm more inclined to go to the record store and also see a band than go see a band unless it's a band I'm really into.  The grill/hotdog idea is a great one.

Find a clever way of communicating, "Get a hotdog, get a record, see a badass band."  I'd probably go, and I don't normally say that.

mutantcolors

"Buy some wax, check out our tracks, we'll provide the snacks."

Ugh.

RacerX

heh^

Just make sure you set that hibachi up outside the store; the last thing you want is to die from Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Looking at the bright side, you won't have to load out, but still...
Livin' The Life.

bbottom

Thanks guys the food thing is a pretty good idea.

Lumpy

It's a free show, right? You can't beat that.
Rock & Roll is background music for teenagers to fuck to.

mutantcolors

Sure you can, throw in free processed meat food products.

jibberish

chicks

whomever, however, whatever, get some involved

chicks are dude magnets moreso than most other things

mortlock

naked chicks doing themselves with the hotdogs. cant miss with that..