Main Menu

Recording studio thread

Started by Mr. Foxen, September 15, 2014, 03:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Foxen

Trying to get the Warrior Pope big rig sound captured in the studio:

Mr. Foxen

Rockwool in a frame, means less spill. Boxed the drummer in them.

Photo showing "OM" labels on all the mics didn't come out well enough focussed. But this was recorded with the mics Om use live.

Corey Y

DIY sound baffle for the win. I looked into making all my own for my mixing suite at home, but it turned out to be cheaper to buy some production ones even though I get construction materials at wholesale cost. I ended up getting some Bare Traps from RealTraps, which I think were about $5 less shipped than the materials would have cost me (economy of scale and all). They're US based though, don't know if there's anything like that UK/EU based.

I love studio/recording pics. As much as I love recording and mixing, I really want to go to a nice studio and have someone else do the work for once. More pics Mr. Foxen!

everdrone

thats cool! 

I wish I had a "sound booth". 

I would have a room soundproofed so that the singer or guitar/bass/drums could be inside it with microphones, and I would be on the outside recording it. 

RAGER

Carpet hanging from the ceiling in a boxed in config makes a good vocal booth.
No Focus Pocus

Mr. Foxen

When we loaded in night before figured the boxed bit was set up for the drums, but they were actually doing vocals in it, stuck drummer in there anyway, worked pretty well as barely any spill in spite of me being stupid loud because amps like cranked. Photo before putting th elast side on.

RAGER

All I read out of that was "amps" and "cranked" and that was good enough for me.
No Focus Pocus

Mr. Foxen