Black Mirror

Started by astroman, December 30, 2014, 12:29:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

astroman

Dystopic but realistic visions of how we could fuck ourselves over with technology in the very near future. Best "TV show" around. Recently added to Netflix. Only two 3-episode seasons so far, but a third is in the works AND they just released a Christmas special that may be the best installment yet (search torrents for Black Mirror White Christmas).

If you mess with Netflix or torrents etc., you gotta watch it. My favorites are probably Season 1 Ep 3 and S2 Ep 1 (and the Xmas special!). (It's an anthology series so you don't need to go in order.)

neighbor664

Excellent show! I agree on the favorites. I didn't know about a Xmas special, I'll have to see that.

The Shocker

I've watched the first 2 episodes.  Really good, suprised that Hollywood hasn't ripped it off yet.  Bolt, is anything in the works?

astroman

I'm thinking Robert Downey, Jr. has been connected to a feature film adaptation of S1 Ep3 for a while now.

jmucke

Only watched the first episode so far but liked it a lot.

The Shocker

Show is still fucking great. San Junipero tugged on the heartstrings.

Meh

stooge

great call thanks
never heard of it before
just watched the first three episodes
all very ggod
the 3rd (entire history of you) was the best
real creepy
i didn´t forget - i just couldn´t remember...

neighbor664

The new episodes are really great!

stooge

been binge watching this over the weekend
like the british ones way better
the new ones ain´t bad but the uk episodes are way creepier and more surreal
the us version seems more generic to me
only watched the first 2 episodes of the latest season though
the one about rating people over your phone was quite alright

socket

Forgot i had watched this. Finished up the ones i had missed and have watched 3 new ones. Love the "new tech" focus of this season, honestly.
Don't feed the trolls... and don't be a pussy.

Bro. Righteous

Caught this too by surprise on Nextflix, kinda like today's Twilight Zone series imo, the fucking rating everyone
episode on their iPhone/pads whatever the fuck hit home, I see that shit all the time, scary times man,
but man, talk aboot on point.
I'm waiting for them to figure out an episode about 'glow-kids' the creeping phenomenon of kids
addicted and thru the new society growing-up in a world of looking at computer screens constantly
thru their developmental brain processes -  kindergarten kids staring at fucking iPads at the age of 4yrs
b/c of a kermit the frog perimeter screens, already strapped and addicted to a fucking cellphone. Fucking horrendous!
Shit's already happening, end times be near for/these kiddies, thank fuck I was born in the 60's!

I ain't drunk - I'm just drinkin...

The Shocker

The blackmail episode was ruthless.  And yes, I realize I've posted tons of shit here I wouldn't want my job knowing about.

Meh

VOLVO)))

Yeah, the blackmail one was nuts, and the fucking bee one was insane.
"I like a dolphin who gets down on a first date."  - Don G

CHUB CUB 4 LYFE.

Bro. Righteous

Albert Einstein was quoted as saying (doing the mathematical equations even back then) , that humanity
would have about 4-5 earth years to survive before worldwide chaos if the bees became extinct.
Garnered it more threatning than the atomic bomb.

....of course, Tesla said he can split the world in two thru simple magnetic vibrations,
more importantly give FREE unlimited clean energy to the whole world...
which was thwarted thru corrupt capitlasists like JP Morgen, Rothchild, and Edison.
"Free clean energy for the people - outrageous I say, fuck that!"
Tesla could have done it, if he had the funding.

Bit of a heavy read,
but I highly recommend Tesla's: Wizard - The Life and Times of Nikola Tesla, biography of a genius.
Marc. J. Seifer

...and I concur, the wretched gov't is all over this shit, and we the (sh)people will be it's
base target.

astroman

Oh shit, didn't know there are new ones!

stooge

now that i watched the whole 3rd season i have to say it´s as good as the previous two
the blackmail episode is the shit as is the last epidode with kelly macdonald and the shitstorm
the war episode is very disturbing too

Bro. Righteous

Scenario - woke-up, can't sleep  - 4am whiskey and beer cracked open, (previous nite of epic indulges).,
put on Netfuck and this comes on - Bandersnatch...firstly my PS4 controller buzzes on my mahogany coffee
table - nextly I am thrown into the most mind-fuck movie scenario I ever witnessed.
Epic (in my state of mind).
The future is bleak brothers - but with distraction scenarios like this, it will ease us better in the grave.

10/10 - Minds Eye Blown!

socket

Still need to do this. More excited to now!

Bro. Righteous

You will be blown soc - get stoned brother.

renfield

We spent about 3 hours ferreting out all the different narratives. This could have been such a disaster but I think they really pulled it off.

socket

Hmmmmmm. I think I found something to do when I get home from this Pens game.

Bro. Righteous

I think my 4am element caught by surprise usurped my whole immersion. So already
spoilers are a bummer.
Regardless, it's a fucking mind-blowing vent...and I also spent the better part of 3+hrs and countless
beer/whiskies doing different narratives...being a gamer, it is indeed a game changer in movies I have
never would have guessed can happen. Kudos to those sick fucking fucks...bless.

neighbor664

Well I went down the rabbit hole with this one. I watched every variation I could. I thoroughly enjoyed it. However, it seemed to really pissed off my on again off again girlfriend's mean, angry drunk side.  Thanks Black Mirror, I'm single again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

socket

Holy shit. Enjoying this.