Main Menu

JCA50/100H

Started by Omlet, May 20, 2015, 08:54:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Omlet

I've heard lots of soundclips of JCA22H and it sounds amazing with fuzz. However, I'm afraid that 22 watts will be too little for even small gigs.

Are bigger Jet City amps suitable for dirty, downtuned shit? As far as I know the clean channel on 22 is different than on 50/100-watt models.

everdrone

my opinion is that 50 watts is the bare minimum for downtuned heavy rock, and most amps will not cut it.  you have to climb over the drums and bass if you are not mic'd.

you will hear 20 watts over the drums but it will not be a full sound.  you need lots of speakers too in order to get the sound pressure right.  I mean, the kick drum produces sound pressure to compete with that a 112 combo will sound acceptable for blues but not heavy chugging downtuned rock.

also, any 100 watt amp will cut it, cost is a factor then any amp is better than no amp.  the voicing on some amps is better than others, but a good fuzz or distortion pedal can get you into heavy rock territory.  I prefer most used amps over jet city but that is me.  comes down to personal preference.

Omlet

I agree. I'll try to grab some old used head as well, there's a chance for Carlsbro TOP50 from the 70s but not a big chance, since I'll have the money in about one month...

Thanks for your answer

(I'm a bit stoned right now so forgive me if my Engrish is too gibberish :D)

Chalupacabra

The JCA20HV is almost as loud as my AOR and I modded my 20H to Fuckercraft specs. I gig with them constantly. Actually took the HV on the road when we went with Fuzz Evil. FWIW Wo Fat uses his with his 30w custom.

Great amps.

everdrone

Quote from: Chalupacabra on May 22, 2015, 04:57:00 PM
The JCA20HV is almost as loud as my AOR and I modded my 20H to Fuckercraft specs. I gig with them constantly. Actually took the HV on the road when we went with Fuzz Evil. FWIW Wo Fat uses his with his 30w custom.

Great amps.

I dig the band Wo Fat!  I just saw them tonight.  Ive seen them a few times over the years. he always plays with two heads at the same time and a full stack.  GREAT BLUESY FUZZY TONE!  the venues mic his full stack up too.

I suppose with my heavy rock I like to downtune and chug with more percussion sounding low end.  Wo Fat chugs on the low e string too, but it is super muffled for my tastes, perfect for the Wo Fat bluesy sound. 

TannisRoot

Love Wo Fat's tone.

Can the Jet City amps be used with 8ohm cabs?