My new review page

Started by Road to Infinity, July 23, 2015, 06:08:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Road to Infinity

https://www.facebook.com/road2infinity

Aim it to do 1-2 a week.

feel free to provide your own underneath!

CanookieWookie

Good stuff.  We need more reviews.  Like sr.com's reviews.

The Shocker

Is there any negative criticism?  I get tired of reviews where every single thing is positive.

Fuck you!

giantchris

Quote from: The Shocker on July 28, 2015, 10:59:39 PM
Is there any negative criticism?  I get tired of reviews where every single thing is positive.

Fuck you!
I actually agree.  The site I write for does all positive reviews but the way they do it is if you don't like it you don't review it.  So if something is terrible nobody reviews it but theres a touch of pressure to review stuff from some labels because they give you free stuff.  But still there's sometimes I want to throw something in there and I have to do it pretty subtly.  Like I reviewed the new City of Ships album and its completely not heavy at all and sounds like a poor man's Sierra now instead of unique like they previously were.

Good luck starting your site it's fun but a lot of work.

Road to Infinity

cheers!

i currently have reviewed about 80 past and present and my ratings range from 9.8 to about 6.
predominantly they are between 7.5 - 9.0 because if i start listening to something that doesnt fit the genres im reviewing, i wont finish it. theres no point? it doesnt really fit with stoner/doom/psych etc...

so i am a bit of a filter to what i listen to and cut out the stuff i dont think is worth it. i think it would be quite hard to be a reviewer outside of some genre restrictions.
i also prefer constructive criticism because music is so personal, all i do is try to describe the sound more so that actually review the album.... if that makes any sense...

mortlock

no such thing as bad press. my band thrives on crappy reviews.. ;D

Road to Infinity

well youre getting your wish. i kick the shit out of the new Sword album in my review tomorrow!

MadJohnShaft

Yeah, you were mean to the Swords, and short a few apostrophes. 'A poor mans blackbird with wrong notes' Ha!

You review some good stuff, thanks man
Some days chickens, some days feathers

Dangling Fury

Great page

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk